Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Bonus Module

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tips or tricks to getting our hands into that tiny space to pull out the clip and insert the module? I attempted to install the Boost module last night and gave up. I just can't get a grip on the clip to pull it out of the MCU due to the lack of space to get my hands in there properly.
Can you still retract the passenger seat back and recline it? If so you might need to be invertered. Also what might help is removing the kick panel which frees up some more room for your hand. I also suggest using a small screwdriver just to “push” the tab and then pull on the wire harness itself to free the connector from the port. Good luck I know it’s hard to do.

Can you still retract the passenger seat back and recline it? If so you might need to be invertered. Also what might help is removing the kick panel which frees up some more room for your hand. I also suggest using a small screwdriver just to “push” the tab and then pull on the wire harness itself to free the connector from the port. Good luck I know it’s hard to do.

Thanks! I'll try the screwdriver. Was really trying to avoid removing the kick panel. And yes, I was like a pretzel and inverterted at the same time underneath there. Lol. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Seems the 3rd party electrical modifications for the model 3 are getting really clever.

I wouldn't install this myself as I'm sure Tesla would disable it at some point or I'd end up on some blacklist but it's interesting to see what's possible.

The short video below shows:
  • Near field auto opening of doors, frunk, trunk
  • Adjusting wiper speed from the stalk
  • Rear heated seats that can be controlled by the rear passengers
  • Enabling ambient lights (SR+)?
I'm sure some additional hardware is required in conjunction with the module.

Interesting to see if they start to offer versions that only enable non drivetrain features. I honestly don’t need 0.6 seconds less to 60mph but I’d pay a few hundred for the rear seat heaters and ambient lights. Less fear of warranty/insurance issues that way too

Interesting to see if they start to offer versions that only enable non drivetrain features. I honestly don’t need 0.6 seconds less to 60mph but I’d pay a few hundred for the rear seat heaters and ambient lights. Less fear of warranty/insurance issues that way too

BONUS Module - For Tesla Model 3

That's what you're looking for. The added performance for the SR+ is a newly released module, the bonus module, which doesn't improve acceleration but does give you heated seats, manual wiper controls etc came out last year.

So, a long flat head screwdriver did the trick to remove the clip. Installing the module's clip into the MCU was a motherf***er. My hands just do not fit into that tiny space.

So, pro tip, either have long needle nose pliers on hand or take apart the side kick plate/panel. Taking apart the kick panel will give you just enough extra wiggle room needed to get that clip into the MCU. Having long needle nose pliers will probably help with that too.

So, a long flat head screwdriver did the trick to remove the clip. Installing the module's clip into the MCU was a motherf***er. My hands just do not fit into that tiny space.

So, pro tip, either have long needle nose pliers on hand or take apart the side kick plate/panel. Taking apart the kick panel will give you just enough extra wiggle room needed to get that clip into the MCU. Having long needle nose pliers will probably help with that too.
Another option than trying to fit your whole hand into that space is to bend the wire behind the plug 90 degrees to make an “L”. Then “feed” the 90 degree wire/plug up towards the space right in front of the MCU. Then with you flat blade screwdriver push the plug into place on the very backside of the connector. Doing it like the first picture below will be very difficult if you have large hands.
C7556147-BCAD-4D93-AB52-E41F1F8EB138.jpeg
77C31B90-98F7-463C-AA5E-7FF46DA9911C.jpeg

Another option than trying to fit your whole hand into that space is to bend the wire behind the plug 90 degrees to make an “L”. Then “feed” the 90 degree wire/plug up towards the space right in front of the MCU. Then with you flat blade screwdriver push the plug into place on the very backside of the connector. Doing it like the first picture below will be very difficult if you have large hands.View attachment 640971View attachment 640972

Personally, I was too scared to bend the wires too much. I did consider it. Glad to know that it works. If I need to do it again, I'll go that route.

SR+?

I confirmed I also have the 980 motor. The bottom of the sticker said 3D1, which I think further confirms it. New Model 3 SR+ with rear motor 3D5 instead of 3D1

For anyone curious, the manufacture date of my car is Nov. 2019.
ya, mine is an sr+

manufactured on jan 2020 somewhere around there. Anything as old or older than mine should be 980, I looked where the video said the sticker would be through the rear driver wheel on the drive unit.

Reactions: badiban
ya, mine is an sr+

manufactured on jan 2020 somewhere around there. Anything as old or older than mine should be 980, I looked where the video said the sticker would be through the rear driver wheel on the drive unit.
Hello. How had the module been working for you? Has tesla disabled any features or have you had any pop ups on your display? I’m looking to get one for my ‘22 LR but i’m afraid tesla might disable something or anything in my car. at the same time, $2000 is a lot and ingenext is running a sale right now

Hello. How had the module been working for you? Has tesla disabled any features or have you had any pop ups on your display? I’m looking to get one for my ‘22 LR but i’m afraid tesla might disable something or anything in my car. at the same time, $2000 is a lot and ingenext is running a sale right now
Tesla hasn't come out with a defense for these modules in quite some time. It is pretty apparent their defense to this was putting different hardware in newer cars. Your LR will be limited to the 50HP and Bonus Module features. Basically you are trading convenience and for sure warranty coverage for the difference in price between the Ingenext boost and the Tesla Boost. I had bought the Tesla boost and then upgraded to the Ingenext module. Knowing what I know today, I still would have bought the Acceleration boost first. There are also some rumors that Tesla's built in track mode features will be coming to Tesla Acceleration boosted cars. Another reason to buy Tesla's boost