Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t want to discourage you, as I have the Boost module, and I love it. However, I have had to take it out a couple of times for service, and while it is possible, it is a PITA. Especially if you do not have tiny little hands. I am not a big guy and I always end up with some scrapes on my wrist, frustrated, and tired of being upside down in the foot well for a half hour struggling with it. I wish there was an easier way, but Tesla did not design this area of the car to be easily accessible. But if you have the need for speed, do it. Frustrating on occasion, but IMHO worth it.
So the extra boost on your sr is really worth it?

I have SR+ but kinda confused on which one to get? what is the difference between boost SR vs boost SR to ghost?

I have SR+ but kinda confused on which one to get? what is the difference between boost SR vs boost SR to ghost?
the ghost is for DUAL MOTOR

Is the 980 motor still hit or miss on MY2022? Or has Tesla switched to 980 for all new teslas? I have a 2022 M3LR coming in December and I wondered if I could safely buy the boost modules in advance or is there still a chance of having the wrong motors?
I think you have the 990. The 980s are in the older cars and the performance cars, and is required for the Ghost.

Reactions: Krash
Seems like they are having a great sale right now, only $825:
At that price I am seriously tempted to get it

@edith2.0 or anyone else who has it... can you please describe the process of what it's like to do an update on your Model 3? Like, describe every step. I think ease of updating (or lack of) is the only thing that would still prevent me from getting it.

Reactions: fluxcapacitor
@edith2.0 or anyone else who has it... can you please describe the process of what it's like to do an update on your Model 3? Like, describe every step. I think ease of updating (or lack of) is the only thing that would still prevent me from getting it.
check ingenext ‘safe updates list’ and push update on the car. Car updates as normal. Done. Fin. Drive car. Enjoy new Tesla features and ingenext addons.

for those of you installed boost SR for your model 3 SR+ to increase its horse power, how does it drive on the snow with snow tire? Do you feel that there is too much wheel torque coming from the rear wheel and make snow driving unsafe?

thanks!
The Boost SR will not affect your ability to drive and have traction in the snow as compared to before. The car still has great traction control that limits power to the wheels if it detects slip. Just don't put the Boost SR module in it's special Drift Mode and the car will behave the same in the snow as before.

Reactions: coolmanfever
The Boost SR will not affect your ability to drive and have traction in the snow as compared to before. The car still has great traction control that limits power to the wheels if it detects slip. Just don't put the Boost SR module in it's special Drift Mode and the car will behave the same in the snow as before.
Thanks for the tips. Does slip start still work the same with the boost SR module installed?

I sometimes enable slip start to climb out of heavy pile of snow. Will it make slip start easier or harder withboosr Sr installed?