Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone with the ghost or boost module had the FSD hardware upgrade? Was curious if I took the module out and had Tesla do the upgrade if it would work the same once I plugged it back in. I would think so since it’s just tied to my VIN.

I tried reaching out to Ingenext and they never replied so not sure what to do from here.
Sorry I don't have an answer to this, but please share if you find out. I've been wondering this also. I too think we should be fine, but don't have any facts to back that statement up with.

Did anyone get the workaround from Ingenext? They sent me a link and said the update file can be downloaded from here:

However, every time I try I get notified that it is blocked due to - Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.B!ml
Hey, could you re-upload this? I purchased my module aftermarket and I never got their update emails

Sorry I don't have an answer to this, but please share if you find out. I've been wondering this also. I too think we should be fine, but don't have any facts to back that statement up with.
I finally got an email back, they said as long as you unplug the module before having the service performed all you’ll have to do is plug it back in once you get it the car back and it works fine.

Reactions: cdeleo
Has anyone with the ghost or boost module had the FSD hardware upgrade? Was curious if I took the module out and had Tesla do the upgrade if it would work the same once I plugged it back in. I would think so since it’s just tied to my VIN.

I tried reaching out to Ingenext and they never replied so not sure what to do from here.
I just had my hardware upgraded from 2.5 to 3. I removed the module before I had the upgrade done. I'm waiting to hear back from Ingenext, same question. I'm tempted to plug it in and see if it works. The plug, unplug process is a real pita though

Seems like the cars Ingenext is using to test the updates are back on the versions with FSD 12. Any of us on the later 2024.8 versions with FSD 11 will need to wait for the versions with v12 to catch up to know for sure if updating will mess anything up.

You spent wayyyyy too much time trying to defend a defect device. Which is the fact you need to soak into your noggin. You plug in a DEFECT device to your cars ECU. One that fools the car.

Per the EPA…

And defeat devices are more commonly associated in the popular mind with recent major EPA enforcement actions involving alleged cheating on emissions testing of internal combustion engine, or ICE, vehicles. However, the agency has regulated EVs for more than a decade.

Just as with ICE vehicles, the agency's regulations require EV companies to perform testing to obtain a certificate of conformity for every model year of a vehicle. That testing focuses on issues such as the range of EV batteries, which inform the EV fuel economy label expressed as miles per gallon equivalent, or MPGe.”

It’s in a whole article on how the EPA requires testing for emissions and changing that with defect devices is illegal and can and will void warranties. Google it, read it. The Ingenext module is a defect device. Period. Like it or not.

What is it defeating?