Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ingenext Boost Modules [aftermarket]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thought I would make a new post.

My car had a 980 rear motor and a ghost. My rear motor's inverter fried last month and was replaced. Ghost was removed before service and I have not put it back in yet.

I have been reading that an inverter swap can turn a 980 into a 990 or vice-versa. And I saw a post about how a guy got a motor with a 980 plate put in his car under warranty when his motor failed, but it's really a 990 due to the inverter they put on it.

So, did I get the right part for the 980 motor, or did they turn my motor into a 990?

On the invoice I am seeing part number 1079924-05-J and also seeing "810A" in the description. Wondering if "810A" is 810 amps, or something else. If 810 amps, that seems to suggest the right part for 980 motor.
Wait wait wait… for this repair, was it done “under warranty” at no cost since you removed the ghost before bringing it in?

Thanks! I just installed 20.9 and it seem fine. What'd happen if I install an incompatible software? Would the car/Ingenext app give me an error or the acceleration would just be reverted to normal?
That is a very good question. One that I wouldn't mind understanding a bit better as well. I always try and hold off on installing updates until Ingenext posts it on their site. Even though sometimes it feels like those little bug fix releases should be a no-brainer and safe to install.

FYI, 20.9 is now noted as safe on their website.

Reactions: omkar
Reactions: omkar and Dysan911
Anybody know if there is a way to setup notifications from the Safe Updates page to let you know when a new release is marked as safe. I find I am refreshing multiple times a day for sometimes weeks until the update for the car is marked safe on the site.
Thanks

For people with the ghost module. I've just done a bunch of searching and I can't find any reference to exactly what "lap mode" gives you. Is it litterally the Tesla track mode on the main touch screeen? Is it all controlled on the phone. I found hundreds of drag videos showing the accleration increase. For me the money would be worth it to add track mode, but there are NO reviews of this that I can find (and I don't feel like reading all 114 pages of this post to find it, thanks). I mean somebody out there must have actually done this once, right?

For people with the ghost module. I've just done a bunch of searching and I can't find any reference to exactly what "lap mode" gives you. Is it litterally the Tesla track mode on the main touch screeen? Is it all controlled on the phone. I found hundreds of drag videos showing the accleration increase. For me the money would be worth it to add track mode, but there are NO reviews of this that I can find (and I don't feel like reading all 114 pages of this post to find it, thanks). I mean somebody out there must have actually done this once, right?
I found this fwiw.

• Lap Mode: Fully customizable parameters to optimize performance on a race track or other offroad type driving : adjustable front and rear bias of power output, adjustable stability control and adjustable regenerative braking. Also, Post-Drive cooling and Compressor overclock can be enabled.