Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inside Model S Alpha Workshop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try the Tesla website Model S page.

edit*
That's where I got this one
models_bythenumbers.png

I was imagining a solid chrome piece that fills in the slot/gap, not exactly what Tesla is showcasing in their photo gallery. Thanks for the suggestion thou.

I think that they're in the process of installing the front bumper assembly...it's lined up, but not attached (pushed back into place) at this point. See where that silver cylinder is on the bottom pic?...it is in place (right under the horizontal support) on the top pic.

Saw that but look at the distance from waist to underarm on both.

Last edited:
I think that they're in the process of installing the front bumper assembly...it's lined up, but not attached (pushed back into place) at this point. See where that silver cylinder is on the bottom pic?...it is in place (right under the horizontal support) on the top pic.
That was my best guess (using the horizontal cylinder "guide") as well.

I'm still not liking the nose. It's acceptable but not ideal. The nose they had on the prototype looked good and completed the car. Now the nose just looks off to me. I cant put my finger on it but it doesn't have that "wow" factor to it any more.

Probably because we haven't seen a finished nose yet. We haven't seen an alpha with all of the decorative elements and trim yet. That can have a big impact on the look...particularly if they're still tweaking the design.

I think there is a bit of space in there however it has been rumored that the 300 mile pack option will fill this space with batteries.

I think this rumor was debunked several times. I think Tesla's mentioned several times that 300 mi pack will have the same form factor as the 230mi pack, just with a different chemistry/energy density. Putting batts up there under the bonnet would make a Better Place quick-swap pretty tricky :).

Orange turn signals are a requirement in Europe. I'm sure they want to make the car as globally compatible as they can.

If you look again at the grille on the driveable prototype and imagine stripping away the colour and chrome bits on there, I'm pretty sure it's just this same black bulbuous part.

If you look again at the grille on the driveable prototype and imagine stripping away the colour and chrome bits on there, I'm pretty sure it's just this same black bulbuous part.

Yes, but at least it shows us that the new nose doesn't have to be as devastatingly ugly as the black cone on the grey alfa. Lower part of the grill is also better looking than in the alfatype video.