Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation is almost complete! 5 Powerwalls and 400A service upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I take it I should throw the switch to off before opening up the boxes. Any reason to turn off the PWs first?

If you have DU221RB's the front can be flipped up even with the disconnect in the closed (energized) position. Just don't stick your fingers into the lugs heh. I padlocked mine shut just in case some nosy neighbor decided they wanted to cash in on my personal injury liability coverage.

1644357872088.png

Jokes on me though, they can just touch one of my grounding rods and probably get a little zappy zap.

I'm still 1000% pissed that Vines has none of these disconnects. ⚡ 💡

Reactions: h2ofun
Lucked out on the D switches. Lowest code is 1830.

Still need to check the Eaton PV disconnect though as it also has a recall.

Hahahaha wowwwww. These disconnects were designed to do one thing... and they seem to not be so good at it. Blade disconnects seem less safe than OCPDs hah. Plus my 200A disconnect emits a constant buzz. Not Cool.

Are we sure Eaton and Schneider/SquareD didn't bribe the NEC code writers to demand there be disconnects everywhere?

The 2018 recall on those Eaton units were for heavy duty 30 and 60A switches used in heavy commercial, utility and industrial applications per the article on their recall.

Yup and it looks just like the 30A 600V one used on the PV pole in my yard

Attachments

• 1644588742212.png
    1644588742212.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 49
Today I was commissioned! I have my PW on the app and have been distracted playing with them all day.

Some observations:
1. I need an internet hardline to the Powerwalls, otherwise they keep dropping if only on wifi. I have just 1-2 bars of wifi signal at my MSP
2. I love the app but it is pretty bare bones as far as data reporting.
3. There are so many good threads here that I now need to catch up on actually using the data from the powerwall. I also can play with my own powerwall system and experience what others are seeing.
4. Labels are being worked on today

Today I was commissioned! I have my PW on the app and have been distracted playing with them all day.

Some observations:
1. I need an internet hardline to the Powerwalls, otherwise they keep dropping if only on wifi. I have just 1-2 bars of wifi signal at my MSP
3. There are so many good threads here that I now need to catch up on actually using the data from the powerwall. I also can play with my own powerwall system and experience what others are seeing.

Congrats man, it's been a long time coming lol. You've helped so many get their PWs, it's fitting you got yours hah.

Yeah @bmah needs to sell some kit to get his fancy API reporting to work without the person needing a CS degree to get it to work... some people like me are too stupid and posting on TMC too much to understand wtf a curl is.

Congrats man, it's been a long time coming lol. You've helped so many get their PWs, it's fitting you got yours hah.

Yeah @bmah needs to sell some kit to get his fancy API reporting to work without the person needing a CS degree to get it to work... some people like me are too stupid and posting on TMC too much to understand wtf a curl is.

Haha. There's lots (I think?) of other solutions for doing something similar...I wrote gotesla for myself, because I was trying to learn the Go programming langauge and needed a project. Making something that's easy for other people to use was not a priority. :cool: Maybe someone else has released something that's more user-friendly (I haven't really looked).

Bruce.

EDIT: Congrats @Vines on the new setup!

Reactions: Vines

Some observations:
Congrats.

Reactions: BGbreeder and Vines

Some observations:
Ok, inquiring minds want to know if your summary screen shows 100A for PANEL_MAXIMUM_CURRENT. :D

Ok, inquiring minds want to know if your summary screen shows 100A for PANEL_MAXIMUM_CURRENT. :D
Good question, if only the TEG would let me into the commissioning wizard! The guys who normally commissioned it handled the tech the first time.

When I followed up with the procedure in the installation manual and tried it again myself, I get no response from http://teg-XXX so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded Opera so the features of chrome weren't messing me up. I will try my laptop next time.

This seems like a silly problem but it's time for me to do the learning clearly.

Good question, if only the TEG would let me into the commissioning wizard! The guys who normally commissioned it handled the tech the first time.

When I followed up with the procedure in the installation manual and tried it again myself, I get no response from http://teg-XXX so I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I downloaded Opera so the features of chrome weren't messing me up. I will try my laptop next time.

This seems like a silly problem but it's time for me to do the learning clearly.
Did your commissioning team set it up on your home network? If so, you can use your router to see clients and associated IP addresses. You can get to your TEG via its IP address and go into installer mode that way.