Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Installation is starting - 8 PW and 12 solar panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 4 are here to start.
D5225AC8-8589-4020-9D5D-E8A8BA4EDC30.jpeg

Not bad it Tesla services your area.

I got 17.9Kw of Enphase iq7+ inverters/solar, or 16.3kw of AC solar. I also have 7 spare panels (I replaced bypass diodes, damage from lightning strike) and inverters to put up... So i won't be beholden to Tesla service...
I have read rule of thumb is like 5kw per PW to do correctly. I have 7 pw's with 30kw of solar, so am a little low but this all my roofs could fit.

Installation finished today, bollards fitted and system commissioned. Started out life at about 21-23 percent state of charge, got up to 70% state of charge at end of the day. Crew did a great job. Tomorrow inspection is scheduled.
Since I don’t have PW+ the production current tap goes around both the Tesla and Enphase inverter wires, and of coarse phase must match. They also installed a neurio in non backed up panel.
Battery capacity is starting out at 118473 wh, or 14810+10/-20 wh per battery on day one.

Last edited:
Installation finished today, bollards fitted and system commissioned. Started out life at about 21-23 percent state of charge, got up to 70% state of charge at end of the day. Crew did a great job. Tomorrow inspection is scheduled.
Since I don’t have PW+ the production current tap goes around both the Tesla and Enphase inverter wires, and of coarse phase must match. They also installed a neurio in non backed up panel.
Battery capacity is starting out at 118473 wh, or 14810+10/-20 wh per battery on day one.
Congratulations!

It must feel nice. Can I ask a few questions? Why use a neurio, if the CTs are so close to the gateway? Also, do you have a double generator input as well? (The two outlets below the right panel...) If so, how did you do the integration?

All the best,

BG