Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance excess cover recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, can you recommend companies that’s you’ve used for excess cover?

DL has a minimum deductible of £500 and I’ll have a voluntary excess of £350-£450 so need cover for up to a £1,000 excess.
(They reduce premium by £150, so fully worth it).
Just seen many companies and I’m not sure what to look for..

I'm currently using Questor Car Excess Insurance about £45 for £1000 cover when I took it out last year. You could go via a cash back site or you might be able to find a discount code (for 10% or 15% off) to use depending on how much you could save using a code or if you trust the cash back site to give you the cashback.

I can't comment on their service as peace of mind and hopefully not required. But do read the T&C in case it's not to your requirements.

Reactions: Blueskye
Probably no good to you but I got complimentary excess cover from ALA when I took out my GAP insurance.

Also got I think it was 500? might have been 250 from one of the comparison sites as I ended up purchasing this years insurance through them. Think it was moneysupermarket? Might have been gocompare.

Reactions: Blueskye
I'm currently using Questor Car Excess Insurance about £45 for £1000 cover when I took it out last year. You could go via a cash back site or you might be able to find a discount code (for 10% or 15% off) to use depending on how much you could save using a code or if you trust the cash back site to give you the cashback.

I can't comment on their service as peace of mind and hopefully not required. But do read the T&C in case it's not to your requirements.
I’ll look into that...
I’ve seen many companies but since it’s a last resort thing, I need to look into it properly as I don’t want to be shelling out something like £900 in case of an issue.. probably wouldn’t have that right now 😅
Spent all on accessories 🤣🤣😂