Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Insurance excess cover recommendations

Hi everyone, can you recommend companies that’s you’ve used for excess cover?

DL has a minimum deductible of £500 and I’ll have a voluntary excess of £350-£450 so need cover for up to a £1,000 excess.
(They reduce premium by £150, so fully worth it).
Just seen many companies and I’m not sure what to look for..

I'm currently using Questor Car Excess Insurance about £45 for £1000 cover when I took it out last year. You could go via a cash back site or you might be able to find a discount code (for 10% or 15% off) to use depending on how much you could save using a code or if you trust the cash back site to give you the cashback.

I can't comment on their service as peace of mind and hopefully not required. But do read the T&C in case it's not to your requirements.

Reactions: Blueskye

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
Probably no good to you but I got complimentary excess cover from ALA when I took out my GAP insurance.

Also got I think it was 500? might have been 250 from one of the comparison sites as I ended up purchasing this years insurance through them. Think it was moneysupermarket? Might have been gocompare.

Reactions: Blueskye
I'm currently using Questor Car Excess Insurance about £45 for £1000 cover when I took it out last year. You could go via a cash back site or you might be able to find a discount code (for 10% or 15% off) to use depending on how much you could save using a code or if you trust the cash back site to give you the cashback.

I can't comment on their service as peace of mind and hopefully not required. But do read the T&C in case it's not to your requirements.
I’ll look into that...
I’ve seen many companies but since it’s a last resort thing, I need to look into it properly as I don’t want to be shelling out something like £900 in case of an issue.. probably wouldn’t have that right now 😅
Spent all on accessories 🤣🤣😂

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC