Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Insurance for M3 [Trying to start a mega thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone insuring through price comparison websites, make sure they are insuring as a RHD car.Certainly up to last batch, only a limited number of insurers were quoting for true RHD cars, the others were quoting for LHD cars which was obviously wrong.

Always remember to take a look at cashback sites for the likes of car insurance, sometimes in the past I have been able to get £100 cashback when taking out a new policy, I tend to use Quidco and have been for years, but there are others.

If you aren't already on Quidco, please use my link and we each get a Brucey bonus :)

Join Quidco Now!

I have been with Quidco pretty much since they started many years ago and my total cashback is currently £3,121.66, yes over 3 thousand, much of that is with Insurance policies, Broadband and Mobile phone contracts, as they are the big payouts. Just this week I got £150 cashback when taking out an ISA with Scottish Friendly :)

LV which a few have mentioned, currently offering £38 when a new policy taken out.
Is the premium or standard account you use. Also do you have to pay for the premium account?

Also a shocker and hate car insurance! Best for me was Direct Line but still over £1k but another - think it was Admiral - quoted over £4K. I have the LR version. I also found that after 30 days had to requote and it had gone up £100-200 based on same information. Again location location - a lot of keyless thefts in Greater London ...

LV via GoCompare to get £250 off excess, then excess insurance to get remaining excess cover.
Get a quote as early as possible then make sure you save that reference, don’t make the mistake of applying again nearer the time you need it because the price will go up substantially, just refer to that quote when you have reg details.

Is the premium or standard account you use. Also do you have to pay for the premium account?

I have a premium account which costs £5 per year which is taken from my cashback account, doesn’t take long to get £5 in there.

I usually keep my credits in my account and then before Xmas get it transferred to an amazon voucher as you get a 2% bonus, then that pays for many Xmas presents, last year I think it was £760

Reactions: Trevor EV
Not always the case.

Do a quote before without using cashbacksites - Get the figures, then go via cashbacksite and check it's the same.

Did a few years ago and Admiral were paying £75 for a new car policy. However, they simply were charging £75 more when you clicked via the cashback site (Quidco) that if you went direct.

Always quote twice - NEVER trust cashback sites. (I've made thousands from Topcashback so I'm no knocking it but always check)
Yes good point, I usually shop around put it all in a spreadsheet and then go via Quidco, clearing cookies first of course, hate insurance renewal time as usually a days work

LR AWD, 32yr, 25,000 miles, kept on drive, business cover for me, my husband (named driver) has commuting cover. Held my licence for 14 years, 9 years NCB which I have protected. Cheapest quote was LV £750 with a total excess of £800.

Which provider are you using to cover the excess?

hi all, I ythink if we are going to do a mega thread then
1: needs stikying
2: someone needs to trawl all the older threads and brig them in. there about 5 that I can think of ...I think.

on to the quwtion now.. so how do we get insurance when we have a reg number but its saying its still not recognised by the sites ?

hi all, I ythink if we are going to do a mega thread then
1: needs stikying
2: someone needs to trawl all the older threads and brig them in. there about 5 that I can think of ...I think.

on to the quwtion now.. so how do we get insurance when we have a reg number but its saying its still not recognised by the sites ?

Enter the car manually . When you find the quote you are happy with ring them up and finalise the registration number with them.

• Helpful
Reactions: Trevor EV
I went with DirectLine in the end to cover my SR+ I paid £630 for myself (29, 8y ncb) and my partner (24 4y ncb) They still have a discount for Autopilot too BTW so make sure you call them and say the car comes with Autopilot to get 5% off.

Always remember to take a look at cashback sites for the likes of car insurance, sometimes in the past I have been able to get £100 cashback when taking out a new policy, I tend to use Quidco and have been for years, but there are others.

If you aren't already on Quidco, please use my link and we each get a Brucey bonus :)

Join Quidco Now!

I have been with Quidco pretty much since they started many years ago and my total cashback is currently £3,121.66, yes over 3 thousand, much of that is with Insurance policies, Broadband and Mobile phone contracts, as they are the big payouts. Just this week I got £150 cashback when taking out an ISA with Scottish Friendly :)

LV which a few have mentioned, currently offering £38 when a new policy taken out.

I just need 5299 of you to join off my referral code, then I can buy my M3P :)