Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Insurance valuation for my totaled S85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Make them evaluate your car against autopilot cars. Point them at CPO - your car should still be under warranty, and a like replacement would also carry that warranty which is another huge thing. Those 2 items will raise your estimate enough to replace your S without losing anything.

Ok, now it is finally settled.

My first post was wrong on the $45k evaulation. That was the amount that they agreed to pay me after $1k deductible. So the initial evaluation was $46K. I noticed that the comparable ones that they pulled up were performance cars and mine also was noted as a performance, although mine is not.

I also noticed that the market evaluation report from a company named CCC had marked Autopilot as 'Standard' and was not in the options list. It took several phone calls and emails from me to Geico and CCC to set the record straight. I directly spoke to CCC and they apparently then spoke to Tesla directly and understood their error. It took a few phone calls and emails for me to get Geico to connect them with CCC. In the end they me sent an additional check for $2k for AP.

So the final evaluation came to $48K.

I am reasonably satisfied with it. Tesla CPO team reached out to me a few weeks ago with 2014 S85 with a VIN very close to mine and almost the same trim, with around 10k miles for $57K. If you keep that CPO price as a reference, Geico's payment of $48K was acceptable for a 52k miles car.

Also it appears that my insurance has not increased for my other cars. Not sure how the quote will be for my upcoming M3.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, now it is finally settled.

My first post was wrong on the $45k evaulation. That was the amount that they agreed to pay me after $1k deductible. So the initial evaluation was $46K. I noticed that the comparable ones that they pulled up were performance cars and mine also was noted as a performance, although mine is not.

I also noticed that the market evaluation report from a company named CCC had marked Autopilot as 'Standard' and was not in the options list. It took several phone calls and emails from me to Geico and CCC to set the record straight. I directly spoke to CCC and they apparently then spoke to Tesla directly and understood their error. It took a few phone calls and emails for me to get Geico to connect them with CCC. In the end they me sent an additional check for $2k for AP.

So the final evaluation came to $48K.

I am reasonably satisfied with it. Tesla CPO team reached out to me a few weeks ago with 2014 S85 with a VIN very close to mine and almost the same trim, with around 10k miles for $57K. If you keep that CPO price as a reference, Geico's payment of $48K was acceptable for a 52k miles car.

Also it appears that my insurance has not increased for my other cars. Not sure how the quote will be for my upcoming M3.

After you agreed to their valuation, how long did it take for Geico to write you the check?
I'm at 2 weeks and they are not returning my calls.