Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trunk / Frunk controls should be working now.

Open rear trunk
Open front trunk
Open trunk (assumes rear)
Open frunk (assumes front)
Close trunk

Boot and Bonnet are considered synonyms for trunk. If front/rear is not specified, boot assumes rear, bonnet assumes front.

Please try these out and let me know if you see any issues.

• Love
Reactions: Blup85 and hiroshiy
As promised, I did a little testing with pretty good results. "open/close boot" works flawlessly for opening and closing. "open frunk" resulted in the boot closing more than once. I'm not sure what that is about but it doesn't bother me as I can't see me using voice control to open the frunk.

@Gol4 , I've got a newbie question. I configured a shortcut "ask Tesla" as "talk to EV car". However "ask Tesla to turn climate on" is not recognized. When I use shortcut do I always go into command mode by saying "ask Tesla" and then say the next command after the prompt?

what worked for me was to create shortcuts for entire commands. for example create a shortcut for "get tesla ready" = 'ask EV car to turn climate on'.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
@Gol4 Hiya. Did something change with the process to relink to get a new token? I have had to do it before and followed your instructions earlier in this thread but today I have the invalid token error again but cannot work out how to relink them. Any chance you can get those screenprints you proposed as I suspect Google have rehashed their app meaning the instructions no longer work.
Either that or I'm being a plank....

TIA!

@Gol4 Hiya. Did something change with the process to relink to get a new token? I have had to do it before and followed your instructions earlier in this thread but today I have the invalid token error again but cannot work out how to relink them. Any chance you can get those screenprints you proposed as I suspect Google have rehashed their app meaning the instructions no longer work.
Either that or I'm being a plank....

TIA!

Forget me, I was doing it wrong. I didn't realise that there was a separate Google assistant app. I was trying to use the built in app on my android. I downloaded the correct app and relinked exactly as per your instructions.

2. That error message is a catch all in case a specific error is not handled. Looking at the logs, it seems like errors are happening while setting climate temperature. I have added some more checks for that and updated the backend. If you still see the same error, please send me the spoken command that caused it.

Great app... another cool feature to show off!!! Here's an example of an ungraceful exit, as requested.

I said: "Set charge level to 80%". The reply was fine, saying it was an invalid value, but then it exited. BTW, why is 80% invalid when it is the recommended charge level?

Great app... another cool feature to show off!!! Here's an example of an ungraceful exit, as requested.

I said: "Set charge level to 80%". The reply was fine, saying it was an invalid value, but then it exited. BTW, why is 80% invalid when it is the recommended charge level?

Thanks for reporting. I could reproduced it and saw that that that command had an incorrect config. I have not made any changes recently so not sure what happened here. I reset the config and pushed it out again and it seems to be working fine now.

Forget me, I was doing it wrong. I didn't realise that there was a separate Google assistant app. I was trying to use the built in app on my android. I downloaded the correct app and relinked exactly as per your instructions.

Sorry for the late response. It should have worked in the built in Assistant app too. I've noticed that its a little quirky and sometimes I need to try unlink/relink a few times before it links correctly.

BTW I brought this up in the last developer Q&A. Apparently there are some limitations in dialogflow.com which prevent a seamless account relinking process. Hopefully they fix that soon.

Reactions: Siggy101