Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Integration with Google Home / Google Assistant - Now available for general use

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for the late response. It should have worked in the built in Assistant app too. I've noticed that its a little quirky and sometimes I need to try unlink/relink a few times before it links correctly.

BTW I brought this up in the last developer Q&A. Apparently there are some limitations in dialogflow.com which prevent a seamless account relinking process. Hopefully they fix that soon.
want to say thank you for all the work you put into this app!

Looks awesome and I’ll be playing around with it. Not sure if it’s been asked but can you add a “what can I say” to ev car?

e.g.
“OK Google Talk to EV Car”

then

“What can I say?”

have it respond stating 5 things you can ask EV Car and then asking if you want to hear more. “Yes” or “More” as response states 5 more things. “No” or “Stop” exits.

Thanks,
Shane.

Hello, have not tried the service yet, probably will today, however what would it take for you to program a field we can specify that will automatically charge our car if the price of electricity is under a certain rate? I'll attach some pictures of what I mean.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 11.47.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 11.47.19 AM.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 145
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 11.56.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-06 at 11.56.55 AM.png
    117.6 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: isjka
This was a great app but now I get the error message "Invalid token. Use the Google Assistant app to relink account." But how that's done is beyond me. I've cleared cache, cleared data, googled it and can't figure out how to get it back working. If anyone can please explain how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, have not tried the service yet, probably will today, however what would it take for you to program a field we can specify that will automatically charge our car if the price of electricity is under a certain rate? I'll attach some pictures of what I mean.
Thanks for being a jerk and posting your 1.8c per KWh... we're over here in California paying 11c at 2am in the morning! :eek:

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
This was a great app but now I get the error message "Invalid token. Use the Google Assistant app to relink account." But how that's done is beyond me. I've cleared cache, cleared data, googled it and can't figure out how to get it back working. If anyone can please explain how to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated!
On Andoid,
Open Google Assistant by long tapping home button
Click Explore button on the top right corner
Scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap All Categories
Tap Travel & transportation
Find "EV Car" under CONTROL CAR and tap it
Scroll down to Account linking and tap UNLINK

Then you'll be able to re link with Tesla credentials.

• Informative
Reactions: Canuck
On Andoid,

Thank you! That worked.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Thanks for being a jerk and posting your 1.8c per KWh... we're over here in California paying 11c at 2am in the morning! :eek:
Haha, yeah.. that nuclear power here in IL makes it pretty cheap. However this doesn't include the numerous fees such as capacity charge, transmission fees..

My goal is to make a visual mock up of an official upgraded scheduled charging screen. For Chicago, I'm curious if we could get away with: If price falls below 0 cents=CHARGE anytime. If battery falls below 30%, charge during off-peak time. Free charging!

I second what @PwrOutage said. This is the one item I would hands down pay for. Being able to charge the car when the price falls below, let's say .02 cents, is a great feature to have. On the reverse, being able to stop charging it once the price goes high, would also be a great feature.

Take a look at these prices from 6:00 AM -8:00 AM week or so ago. Free charging is almost an understatement. I frequently check prices if I'm charging at home. Sometimes overnight prices are not much cheaper than day prices.

Great request.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-15_11-56-43.png
    upload_2018-5-15_11-56-43.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: PwrOutage
On Andoid,

I cant find the Explore button or "All Categories" anywhere.
Please help!

(Android 8)

/Jocce

Trying "Ok google, tell EV car to unlock the car" or "Ok google, ask EV car to unlock the car" does not seem to work, and only opens EV car action. However, "Ok google, ask EV car to warm up the car" works.....anyone else have similar problems? Btw, thanks for a great app!

Thanks for reporting. I could reproduced it and saw that that that command had an incorrect config. I have not made any changes recently so not sure what happened here. I reset the config and pushed it out again and it seems to be working fine now.

Great app!!

Wondering if the code supporting this is posted anywhere (e.g., GitHub) or can be made available to see what's going on.

Thanks.

On Andoid,

Hi, do you know how to set up this on Iphone app too?