Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Intentional Hyperbole] How FSD Beta Tried To Kill Me Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was clear from the beta participation agreement that the car could do the wrong thing at the wrong time. One problem is people participating want to share experiences... I'm the same way. I'm sending lots of videos in, but placing priority on driving safely when traffic is nearby. Personally, I think any disengagement should send a video. I feel the car is fully manageable, but some beta features can be "exciting." A simple tap on the brake seems to reign things in. The MSM reaction is of concern, but I see evidence that some large institutions are taking significant long positions in TSLA, and isn't MSM kind of being coached by $$$ ? We'll soon see. I think FUD seems to be lifting along with option call volume. We'll see this week.

If you believed that FSDBeta is safe and you can sit back and relax, while the car did its trick, then you are a fool. Constant intervention is required to keep this baby afloat.

Nowhere did I state or imply that FSD beta is safe and one can just sit back and relax. This is certainly not what I was doing as should have been clear from the description. Nor am I a fool. Since there was no other traffic around, I let the scenario play out until intervention was required. This should provide more data to the developers regarding FSD beta problematic behavior.

Obviously, sharing an FSD beta experience with a somewhat humorous title was a bad idea for this forum. The YouTube video has been pulled.

Apparently the FSD progress reports did not crater Tesla stock. The reality is that if the market is truly looking out several years, FSD is possible, which is where my financial relations with Tesla, and my relations as a car owner split paths. I think BETA for four years on an expensive product is unacceptable, but I think the company is capable and has the resources to achieve it's plans, but the timeframe is uncertain. Sure Gmail is beta, and much other software is, but it cost nothing but privacy. Personally, it seems like a far greater amount of computing power in the car is needed, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Nowhere did I state or imply that FSD beta is safe and one can just sit back and relax. This is certainly not what I was doing as should have been clear from the description. Nor am I a fool. Since there was no other traffic around, I let the scenario play out until intervention was required. This should provide more data to the developers regarding FSD beta problematic behavior.

Obviously, sharing an FSD beta experience with a somewhat humorous title was a bad idea for this forum. The YouTube video has been pulled.

A smiley goes a long way if your intent was humor.

Emphasis should be sending that snapshot/vid to Tesla for making FSD better. We're all experiencing wild swerves here and there. We want to see actual near-death videos with that title :)

Reactions: Ramphex
OP: Did you remove your video, unable to see your experience?

Yes, I deleted the video from YouTube. In the video, FSD beta failed to execute a 90 degree turn and headed for a brick wall at about 35 mph. My half joking title caused heartburn for some members - called a fool and told I should be removed as a beta tester. I would just delete the original post if I could. Not worth keeping the thread going at this point.

I don't think you got the feedback that you got based off your video, it was based off the over-exaggerated text that went along with it. You most definitely could've left the video up as the negative aspects of the beta do need to be seen for the people to not become complacent and realize that it's not perfect and must be supervised at all times.

Let me start off by stating that I am happy to be included as an FSD beta tester. Much of what FSD beta does is truly amazing, and I look forward to seeing the progress. However, sometimes it fails to complete a maneuver in a safe manner. In this case, FSD beta did not slow down enough before the turn and then attempted to complete the turn too late. It was about to leave the roadway when I took over. What is surprising is that the FSD beta has previously completed this turn without any problem. I don't know what was different about this time. I did report the incident using the screen icon. Note that I would have interceded sooner if there was a risk of an accident.

Don't agree with the title.

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel in SD
It was clear from the beta participation agreement that the car could do the wrong thing at the wrong time. One problem is people participating want to share experiences... I'm the same way. I'm sending lots of videos in, but placing priority on driving safely when traffic is nearby. Personally, I think any disengagement should send a video. I feel the car is fully manageable, but some beta features can be "exciting." A simple tap on the brake seems to reign things in. The MSM reaction is of concern, but I see evidence that some large institutions are taking significant long positions in TSLA, and isn't MSM kind of being coached by $$$ ? We'll soon see. I think FUD seems to be lifting along with option call volume. We'll see this week.
Yes and some of this users make articles for cnn or interview great I expect Elon make end of this program and return with employes only if your not happy with it stop the test but don't speak out to newspaper I saw the latest with special interview of Kim Paqu... And not happy because YOU ARE IN TEST of a BETA version is NOT a production version please remember that before is too late and cumming stop definitely beta or worste.
see the result of your act ! Tesla owners say they are wowed -- and alarmed -- by 'full self-driving'