TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

interior temperature

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bartek, Mar 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bartek

bartek Member

hey does anyone know where is interior temperature sensor ? i mena sensor inside car

2. Dax279

Dax279 Member

I can’t recall and please don’t quote me on this, but I thought it was in the center armrest.

• Like x 1
  3. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

@Dax279 Is correct for cars after sometime in 2014 (at least I've not heard it changing since then). You can see the small "grille" made of holes to draw air in.

The early cars like mine had it under the dash near the center console.

• Like x 1
  4. FlyF4

FlyF4 Member

As far as the phone apps area concerned, it is still not in the best location to report accurately. You can turn on the heat and watch the app and within a couple of minutes it will report a temperature that can be 10 degrees or more different than what the cabin temperature really is.

5. Gesteur

Gesteur Member

That s really the issue! Since the temperature reported is higher the bloody fan is blowing out cold air even if you set the desired temp to say 26-27 degrees.
    At some point the reported temperature was around 30 degrees, while outside it was 12. We were coldish inside and fan blowing out cold air.

This usually happens after a while you re driving , so not as soon as you start the car.
    i have range mode disabled, never had it on.

6. jslanger

jslanger Member

Perhaps a dumb question, but as far as I can tell, is there no way to see the interior temp sensor reading other than in the app? Seems odd to me that I can see my goal temp for the AC, but never what the actual temp is.

7. Gesteur

Gesteur Member

yes via the REST API, you can see the inner temp along with all other sort of info

8. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Nope, there's no way from the car's screens to see the reading from the cabin air temp sensor.