Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interior trunk power open close button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i just got a model s100d delivered last week with Rear facing seat option and asked the delivery staff if there was a way to open the trunk from the inside. They said the only way to do it was with he manual emergency release in the centre of the hatch but he advised against using it as it is not meant to be a durable everyday use item.

Today, my son found a proper power rear hatch switch that can open and close the hatch. It is located on the left side of the top trunk opening rim (near charge port) facing down. You won't see it from the top but you can see it if you put your head down into the truck and look up along the left side. Push one way to close, pull to open.

Is this something new?
Is this there for all Model s or just those with the rear facing seat option?

i just got a model s100d delivered last week with Rear facing seat option and asked the delivery staff if there was a way to open the trunk from the inside. They said the only way to do it was with he manual emergency release in the centre of the hatch but he advised against using it as it is not meant to be a durable everyday use item.

Today, my son found a proper power rear hatch switch that can open and close the hatch. It is located on the left side of the top trunk opening rim (near charge port) facing down. You won't see it from the top but you can see it if you put your head down into the truck and look up along the left side. Push one way to close, pull to open.

Is this something new?
Is this there for all Model s or just those with the rear facing seat option?
Only for cars with rear facing seats.