TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Interior trunk power open close button

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Snowstorm, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

i just got a model s100d delivered last week with Rear facing seat option and asked the delivery staff if there was a way to open the trunk from the inside. They said the only way to do it was with he manual emergency release in the centre of the hatch but he advised against using it as it is not meant to be a durable everyday use item.

Today, my son found a proper power rear hatch switch that can open and close the hatch. It is located on the left side of the top trunk opening rim (near charge port) facing down. You won't see it from the top but you can see it if you put your head down into the truck and look up along the left side. Push one way to close, pull to open.

Is this something new?
    Is this there for all Model s or just those with the rear facing seat option?

2. BrettS

BrettS Member

I believe it has been there all along, but only for cars with rear facing seats.

3. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

Ok, I figured it wasn't a well known fact as the delivery person didn't know about it. Anyways, really glad that it is there.

4. Snowstorm

Snowstorm Member

I just checked a mid 2016 refresh S70d and that button is not there. It may be a new thing or a function tied in with the 3rd row seats. Strange they don't mention it in the option description.

5. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

It's only there with the third row option. It's in the owners manual.

6. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Only for cars with rear facing seats.