Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Inventory Pricing versus Order Pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I know the answer, but checking anyway. :)

I ordered a LR AWD White/White, 18", no FSD on 10/18 and the cost was $48,990 +desitnation, taxes, etc. I see today that in inventory, they have the same car, but with a black interior. I think this is because the price went up twice since I ordered it. I assume Tesla would not sell me the inventory vehicle for $47,990?

I would be calling asap this morning switching to an inventory car for same $. Any reasonable manager would understand and agree with that but, I'm learning things are different in Tesla Land and not logical sometimes. Still worth calling to me.

Are you saying inventory vehicles you save the delivery fee, or that it is not shown / included in the advertised price?
Lot of inventory in SoCal, but no white interior or SR+ models
I see white interiors and sport wheels in the Bay (Fremont) might be worth trip north, but no SR+..

Last edited:
Are you saying inventory vehicles you save the delivery fee, or that it is not shown / included in the advertised price?
Lot of inventory in SoCal, but no white interior or SR+ models
I see white interiors and sport wheels in the Bay (Fremont) might be worth trip north, but no SR+..

I see 4 AWDs white/white 19" AP for $51,490 right now

2020 Model 3 | Tesla Sacramento-Rocklin
2020 Model 3 | Tesla Fremont Delivery Hub
2020 Model 3 | Tesla Dublin-Amador Plaza
2020 Model 3 | Tesla Fremont Delivery Hub

currently, new inventory of 164 AWDs, 23 P3Ds, 20 SR+

Last edited:
I just noticed in the Inventory Search tool they now charge $4000 if a car you want is "over 250 miles away". Holy Moly guess they want you to order a new car vs buy from inventory.

I suspect transportation costs can add up if have to be railed and/or open carriered after that. Probably more if covered carrier. And if under tight deadline sure they would get charged more.