Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Investors Who Have Never Driven The Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I can't be the only investor who only got around to driving the Model S this past weekend. I've read all the reviews from every type of person imaginable, and honestly it just doesn't get it across until you drive it yourself.

I've invested extremely heavily in TSLA shares, and thought that some of the other users on this forum were crazy for opting for more leverage via call options instead of shares. If I had gotten the opportunity to drive a friend (of a friend's) Model S earlier, I think I would have been buying calls hand over fist as well.

My Tesla-grin has still not worn off, and I only drove the 60. I can't imagine what an 85 or 85P must be like, as the 60 was fast as f---.

Any other Investors that have just recently gotten chance to drive? Or have not yet?

Best,
GenIIIBuyer

Hi,

I can't be the only investor who only got around to driving the Model S this past weekend. I've read all the reviews from every type of person imaginable, and honestly it just doesn't get it across until you drive it yourself.

I've invested extremely heavily in TSLA shares, and thought that some of the other users on this forum were crazy for opting for more leverage via call options instead of shares. If I had gotten the opportunity to drive a friend (of a friend's) Model S earlier, I think I would have been buying calls hand over fist as well.

My Tesla-grin has still not worn off, and I only drove the 60. I can't imagine what an 85 or 85P must be like, as the 60 was fast as f---.

Any other Investors that have just recently gotten chance to drive? Or have not yet?

Best,
GenIIIBuyer

I invested in January and I saw my first Tesla live a month ago. Never even touched any of the cars, only saw one parked and one driving. I`ve never seen a solar panel for that matter, even thou I got all my money in there with TSLA aswell.

I invested in January and I saw my first Tesla live a month ago. Never even touched any of the cars, only saw one parked and one driving. I`ve never seen a solar panel for that matter, even thou I got all my money in there with TSLA aswell.

I hadn't thought that many of the European investors had probably never driven one. Agree with Citizen-T that driving one could cloud judgement, or cause impulse buy decision to cash out TSLA shares for the car.

I will say that driving it has me extremely comfortable with the 3 year, 50% value buyback guarantee that Tesla has made on it's financing program. I told the S owner to call me first if he ever thought of selling it.

I have not yet, and that is quite intentional. I've done a pretty good job of keeping my money in the stock, getting behind the wheel of that thing would be a poor financial decision.

A balancing act is to do use their finance term, as I outlined in my secrecy master plan in my signature. Having the car help you understand the company a lot better, just from the investment's perspective.

Hi,

Best,
GenIIIBuyer

You are crazy enough to buy shares in the fist place without experiencing the product! :) that is lack of research. It will cost you money if it was not named tesla.

I have not, and I don't plan to drive it, because I'll never buy it.

- I need something that can seat 8 or more people.
- I'm crazy about AWD/4WD. I live in Canada, and it snows here, you know...
- It's too expensive.

After the birth of our 5th child, we will not have any free seat in our Toyota Odyssey AWD (7 seater). Sometimes we need a seat for one more person. So I will be looking for a van that can seat 8 or more people and is AWD or 4WD.

I wish Elon had 6 or 7 children, and made a van that can seat at least 8 people :)

I have never driven a Tesla before and don't need to in order to invest in the company. The reaction that people have after driving a Tesla is pretty universal. For someone like me, who does a lot of research, it is easy to see that investing in Tesla is a no brainer.

I finally got a chance to drive my first EV a couple of days ago in the Nissan Leaf, and even with the Leaf you can tell that the future is in EV's; no doubt.

I do feel that anybody shorting the stock should do themselves a big favor and drive the car first. Of course we know all the shorts never will. They've dismissed it out of hand and "know better".

The shorts will continue to short on 'valuation'. And many people that should have bought the stock at 40, 50, 100, will continue to sit out because they think they have missed the good deal. Traders will take the shorts money over time, as the institutional and long-term holders of this stock have no intention to sell anytime soon.

The shorts will continue to short on 'valuation'. And many people that should have bought the stock at 40, 50, 100, will continue to sit out because they think they have missed the good deal. Traders will take the shorts money over time, as the institutional and long-term holders of this stock have no intention to sell anytime soon.

I guess my point is that the "valuation" they set on Tesla is based on the fundamental premise that any EV including the Model S will only ever appeal to a few fringe environmentalists and will never have mainstream appeal. The fact that the Model S is actually a superior car to drive than it's luxury competitors completely escapes them.

I guess my point is that the "valuation" they set on Tesla is based on the fundamental premise that any EV including the Model S will only ever appeal to a few fringe environmentalists and will never have mainstream appeal. The fact that the Model S is actually a superior car to drive than it's luxury competitors completely escapes them.

Agreed, there are some that own and have driven the car that think TSLA is short-term overvalued, but haven't heard of anyone who owns or has driven the car that would try a long-term short position.

I hang around the local Austin Tesla store like a wierdo. They know my name when i come in. I sit in the car and ask this month's batch of questions trying to see if I can learn anything I hadn't already learned from the TMC boards (I have not yet...) I have test driven one fairly recently, but by the time I did I knew so much I didn't get anything out of the experience, if you can believe that. I had watched dozens of test drive videos on youtube and I already had a good sense of the driving characteristics. But yeah, I had invested heavily before driving one.

I sat in Roadster and I think an alpha version (not a real interior)
I sat in either Beta or real car in showroom prior to them being produced.
I've sat in someone elses at a service center, I guess the car was on but I could not drive one.
Someone offered a test drive in 60kwh, I turned them down.

I'll probably get a Tesla symbol tattoo before I get the S or X.

I'm with Citizen-T. I think test driving one is a risky proposition. I could afford one but I need that money for investing in the stock. It isn't that often an opportunity like Tesla comes along. Anyway, for me I've learned enough from reading to know how revolutionary the product is. They will not be able to keep up with demand and competitors are so far behind I am thinking the profitability will be extremely high for a while. That is the real reason I have the stock.