Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

iPhone X and Model X not playing nice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read threads on this so I am just posting to say it still exists. Even when the Delivery Person went through the car you can tell she was crossing her fingers when she saw I have an iPhoneX. Since I took delivery 2 weeks ago the following has happened 3-4 times. Get in car and phone doesnt sync. List phones and mine is deleted. Remove existence of phone on both car and phone and try to re-pair. Car cannot find phone. While traveling stopped off at a Tesla site in Needham, MA and they showed me how to reset car. Kinda like a <control><Alt><Delete> on a windows system. That reset system and it not only fixed my phone but my browser started to work again. The browser fix was only temporary and I also read that this is a bug to be fixed by Tesla. So far it has been 3 days without the issue but I was very close to purchasing a Samsung phone just to fix this issue.

• Informative
Reactions: GOPJEW
So far it has been 3 days without the issue but I was very close to purchasing a Samsung phone just to fix this issue.

That’s like saying you’d buy a Toyota Corolla to fix the issue.

Is your iPhone X updated to the latest iOS? Try to unpair and re-pair. If that doesn’t work, it may be a hardware issue on either the car or the phone.

Reactions: scsmx
That’s like saying you’d buy a Toyota Corolla to fix the issue.

Is your iPhone X updated to the latest iOS? Try to unpair and re-pair. If that doesn’t work, it may be a hardware issue on either the car or the phone.

HAHA
I did all of the above. Latest patches re-paired. There are some threads about this and the consensus is that it is an apple issue and the next update might fix it

I was worried because I read all those threads about the iPhone X and the MX not playing nicely together.

I took delivery last Monday and fortunately I haven’t had the first problem with my phone.

I have a second generation Apple Watch and no AirPods.

Edit: I’m on iOS 11.4 and 2018.24.1. It also worked ok with 2018.21.9

I got new model X just 5 days ago and also have problem with getting my iPhone X to Bluetooth with the car. It links then unlinks at random, so I only hear half conversation in phone call and impossible to stream music. I have not had time to take to Tesla to get fixed yet. I have tried re-booting system and software update yesterday has made no difference. I also had trouble bluetoothing iPhone with my previous Mercedes, so this is not a unique Tesla problem.

After reading this thread I will try linking my wife’s iPhone 6s and find out if the problem is with the phone or the car