TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

iPhone X and Model X not playing nice

Discussion in 'Model X' started by stymiedny, Jun 27, 2018.

1. stymiedny

stymiedny New Member

I have read threads on this so I am just posting to say it still exists. Even when the Delivery Person went through the car you can tell she was crossing her fingers when she saw I have an iPhoneX. Since I took delivery 2 weeks ago the following has happened 3-4 times. Get in car and phone doesnt sync. List phones and mine is deleted. Remove existence of phone on both car and phone and try to re-pair. Car cannot find phone. While traveling stopped off at a Tesla site in Needham, MA and they showed me how to reset car. Kinda like a <control><Alt><Delete> on a windows system. That reset system and it not only fixed my phone but my browser started to work again. The browser fix was only temporary and I also read that this is a bug to be fixed by Tesla. So far it has been 3 days without the issue but I was very close to purchasing a Samsung phone just to fix this issue.

• Informative x 1
  2. spectrum

spectrum Member

That’s like saying you’d buy a Toyota Corolla to fix the issue.

Is your iPhone X updated to the latest iOS? Try to unpair and re-pair. If that doesn’t work, it may be a hardware issue on either the car or the phone.

• Like x 1
  3. stymiedny

stymiedny New Member

HAHA
    I did all of the above. Latest patches re-paired. There are some threads about this and the consensus is that it is an apple issue and the next update might fix it

4. spectrum

spectrum Member

Perhaps you could try the iOS 12 Public Beta? It’s been really stable for me!

5. stymiedny

stymiedny New Member

Sorry but how do i get that?

6. Brave Ulysses

Brave Ulysses Member

• Informative x 1
  7. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I have the old MCU so that may be important here but neither my wife nor I have had any issues with our iPhone X's in our Model S...

Jeff

• Like x 1
  8. TexasRat

TexasRat Member

My sample size is small, but I've been in cars with both 1st and 2nd gen MCU and I've paired my iPhone X just fine. Everything worked as I'd expect it to.

9. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

I get random echoing with my iPhone X and our MX with the new MCU.

10. BigMskiman

BigMskiman Member

Me too on MCU1 with no problems (X & X). Have you used Airpods in the car? There was some notes on that.

11. FamilyT3sla

FamilyT3sla Member

I have tried the disconnecting AirPods and Apple Watch. Nothing works.

12. arubinst

arubinst Member

I was worried because I read all those threads about the iPhone X and the MX not playing nicely together.

I took delivery last Monday and fortunately I haven’t had the first problem with my phone.

I have a second generation Apple Watch and no AirPods.

Edit: I’m on iOS 11.4 and 2018.24.1. It also worked ok with 2018.21.9

13. Jonathantuba

Jonathantuba Member

I got new model X just 5 days ago and also have problem with getting my iPhone X to Bluetooth with the car. It links then unlinks at random, so I only hear half conversation in phone call and impossible to stream music. I have not had time to take to Tesla to get fixed yet. I have tried re-booting system and software update yesterday has made no difference. I also had trouble bluetoothing iPhone with my previous Mercedes, so this is not a unique Tesla problem.

After reading this thread I will try linking my wife’s iPhone 6s and find out if the problem is with the phone or the car

14. VikH

VikH Member

I have MCU1 and my iPhone X has been pairing perfect for 7 months. One time I had a problem streaming music but it resolved itself after an iPhone reboot.

• Disagree x 1
  15. scsmx

scsmx Member

iPhone X 11.4 Model X 2018.21.9 MCU1 work perfectly together.

16. tropical1

tropical1 Member

I was having issues with iPhone X and actually ended up getting a new phone from Apple. I installed as new phone rather than backup and is working perfectly now.