Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Irritated after 4 days of SR ownership.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you got what you paid for but because you think someone else got more than they paid for, you want something for free? Stop worrying about what others paid. Did you get what you paid for? Move along...
He has a SR. Or I should say, He paid for a SR and received a SR+, and according to Tesla the SR+ owned by SR owners will get software update to limit some functions that should be on SR+ package, such as heated seats, functioning fog lights, 20 extra mile range, 5.3sec 0-60 time, and immersive sound.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: MXWing
Damn, my Volt payment is actually higher than I recalled from memory:

Volt = 375 Model 3 = 347

upload_2019-4-24_21-57-35.png

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Jedi2155
So you got what you paid for but because you think someone else got more than they paid for, you want something for free? Stop worrying about what others paid. Did you get what you paid for? Move along...

This will be of great aid to you.

91GxJSlWibL._SX425_.jpg

I am asking to be given LESS or give others MORE in the spirit of what I and others feel would be equitable. It's not like a year has gone by. SR and SR+ being sold side by side in the present tense.

Last edited:
I agree with what others are saying. It kinda irks me that the my P3D looks so similar to a standard Model 3. Wish they could offer us a little more. Hell we don't even have a true 'Performance' badge like the S/X.
Even if there was a badge, Chinese will make a copy and sell them on eBay.
A SR owner can slap it on and fake it with lowering springs and custom wheels.

• Funny
Reactions: hlin07 and Evoforce
They're just doing a favor to all the non-EV owners out there who will see the Model 3 blast away from a stop sign, and not realize it's the understated Performance model. It'll look just like they were standing still while a $35K car left them in the dust.

Got to get them to want a test drive somehow, right?

Realistically, the main difference is a ZL1 bitched out against my 3P+

No one else is going to feel much of a difference unless the car is on a track or drive hard from every stop.

There’s things like streaming audio, street level maps, homelink but not 46K worth.

Interior is the same.
And less range. And no AWD.

My daily commute keeps my battery between about 35% and I charge to about 77%. about 90 miles uses 40% my battery yikes! Charging like this should reduce wear cycles significantly So SR+, could do that but it will be harder on the battery. Plus when I go farther that's allot more stopping at superchargers. People in cold states will also like suffer up to 50% range loss in the cold winter.

They're just doing a favor to all the non-EV owners out there who will see the Model 3 blast away from a stop sign, and not realize it's the understated Performance model. It'll look just like they were standing still while a $35K car left them in the dust.

Got to get them to want a test drive somehow, right?
Being a faster EV, my SR+ beats 99% of cars off the line to 40mph also.

This will be of great aid to you.

91GxJSlWibL._SX425_.jpg

I am asking to be given LESS or give others MORE in the spirit of what I and others feel would be equitable. It's not like a year has gone by. SR and SR+ being sold side by side in the present tense.

Ah I took your logic at face value, and acknowledge that I miss read. So your argument is that they should take away feature from you, but they should add more to others.

You do realize that Tesla is a business bleeding money, right?

And less range. And no AWD.

My daily commute keeps my battery between about 35% and I charge to about 77%. about 90 miles uses 40% my battery yikes! Charging like this should reduce wear cycles significantly So SR+, could do that but it will be harder on the battery. Plus when I go farther that's allot more stopping at superchargers. People in cold states will also like suffer up to 50% range loss in the cold winter.

Of course, you know I am aware of these things my friend. :)

I do not regret my 3P+ purchase. Being dramatic generates more interesting discussions. ;)

I would say the 3P- buyers fall into one of the "luckier purchasers" if they took the 5K check. The 20" wheels are honestly a liability in my opinion.

3P- received:
5000 Cheaper than 3P+ but same straight line performance.
5000 FUSC trade in credit.
Track Mode
More Range, less weight and less expensive to maintain wheel/tire package.

Free lifetime premium data? Question mark as I am unsure if it’s still worth anything.

Last edited:
I agree with what others are saying. It kinda irks me that the my P3D looks so similar to a standard Model 3. Wish they could offer us a little more. Hell we don't even have a true 'Performance' badge like the S/X.

Whenever I see another model 3 approach, its hard to judge from the front what trim it is. As soon as it turns, I see the wheels, caliper..and I know I'm not the only one who does this ..automatically categorize that car as "el cheapo (18"), ok good enough (19", P3D-), at least Im not missing anything (P3D+)".

• Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
Ah I took your logic at face value, and acknowledge that I miss read. So your argument is that they should take away feature from you, but they should add more to others.

You do realize that Tesla is a business bleeding money, right?

I am a TSLA shareholder and I quote the free cash flow chart often. It's behind but hopefully others will get the idea. FY2019Q1 was ugly. 4X expected loss per share.

tesla-cash-flow-3q18-800x574.png

One of biggest problems I have with Tesla owners is they either DONT KNOW OR DONT CARE that Tesla having healthy financials is important to the future support of their vehicle. Without TSLA, there is no Tesla.

I'm plugged into the financials market but I understand a lot of people are not so it never crosses their mind. No one thinks about HAS when buying Monopoly, or DIS when watching Avengers or ATT when watching Game of Thrones.

On the other hand, with no Tesla, there is no TSLA.
You need the car buyers as well and you have to find a way to maintain the bottom line as well as make people happy.

It's not good business to issue refunds. It's not good business to infuriate owners even if you have a one of a kind product.

Therefor, I suggested some actions Tesla could take to make SR+ owners feel better about their purchases without impact or disruption to their bottom line.

Offering SR+ owners an option to downgrade to SR so Tesla cuts them a check is dumb.

Giving SR+ owners a bone like some exclusive software or SC credits is savvy.

Offering SR+ owners an option to downgrade to SR so Tesla cuts them a check is dumb.

Giving SR+ owners a bone like some exclusive software or SC credits is savvy...
100% agree.
In another post my proposal was actually do give the SR+ owner that want to downgrade the possibility to downgrade and give them autopilot and make it a wash.
BTW I was even saying that they could have said:
Dear SR+ you can downgrade and take the autopilot for 3000 (for me would have been additional 500USD to pay but I would have been willing to do it, basically having an SR with Autpilot). If this would be the case you would have not pissed off anybody (not the owner of SR, not the owner of SR+, not the owner of the new SR+ that has autopilot mandatory) and Tesla would have make money or at least not lose them.

Just a note that free supercharging only helps those owners who take a lot of long road trips. Even if I had not moved to Maui, my one long road trip per year cost hardly anything in supercharger fees. (I bought the car before deciding to move here.) Otherwise all my driving was less than 1/3 my range per day, and all my charging was at home. I drove the Roadster for 7 years, primary vehicle winter and summer, and never charged it anywhere except at home. (Used the Prius only for that long summer trip and occasional hauling.)

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Just a note that free supercharging only helps those owners who take a lot of long road trips.

Free supercharging helps no one if you make more than minimum wage. It's all emotional appeal.

When Elon said FUSC was worth more than $5,000 I angrily tweeted back:

Only a billionaire would say something like that. Instead of getting laid at home I:
-Drove 20 minutes for a round trip.
-Wait for 10 minutes at 11:00 FRIEKEN PM for a spot to open up.
-Put extra wear and tear on my fragile 20" tires.
-Charged for an hour.

Got $15 of electricity and actually far less if you account for my solar system at home. FUSC is dumb for both Tesla and the owners.

• Funny
Reactions: Jedi2155
SC credit for $600 would be good for 10000 miles.

20000 miles = $1200.

40000 miles = $2400
I guess, I have Supercharged once in 9,500 miles. And well it was still free? So maybe they forgot to remove my from free supercharging? Or maybe it's because I don't really use it anyways.

I did something stupid with my 5k, bought 19" wheels and the performance tires. Which is what I would have opted for from the beginning. Cost me more, but they are lighter than the 18's. I could always put MXM4's on them in the future if I wanted.

I still don't have the big brakes though :( I also don't care what model people think I have. Well mostly true. I do have the badge with an underline on the back, but without the 20's and red caliper people want to race. They get very emotional when they get smoked, thinking I have a non performance car hah. I have been thinking about removing the badge.

SR+ would work extremely well if I have a closer to average commute , and I would likely turn it into a robo taxi in the future if that ever happens.

Last edited:
One of biggest problems I have with Tesla owners is they either DONT KNOW OR DONT CARE that Tesla having healthy financials is important to the future support of their vehicle. Without TSLA, there is no Tesla.
This is not true. Tesla could file chapter 11 bankruptcy just like GM did in 2009. Is there really any doubt that Tesla would be a viable business without all the debt?
Arguably some Tesla owners might be better off if that happens because Tesla would be able to get rid of free unlimited supercharging. :p

Reactions: Scott7
i find this sentiment common and strange

"Other than always being broken, it was amazing"

In seven years, my Roadster had one issue that required warranty service by a Tesla Ranger who visited my home, but did not prevent me from driving it in the mean time, and one issue that required a ranger visit before I could drive it again. The later was delayed a couple of weeks because it coincided with the release of the Model X and the local ranger was called in to work on the large number of repairs required for that.

This is not up to Toyota or Honda standards, but is better than any of the Big Three.

I guess the Model X had a lot of problems, but my Model 3 has had none. Clearly Tesla has to do better on replacement parts.

Free supercharging helps no one if you make more than minimum wage. It's all emotional appeal.

When Elon said FUSC was worth more than $5,000 I angrily tweeted back:

Only a billionaire would say something like that. Instead of getting laid at home I:
-Drove 20 minutes for a round trip.
-Wait for 10 minutes at 11:00 FRIEKEN PM for a spot to open up.
-Put extra wear and tear on my fragile 20" tires.
-Charged for an hour.

Got $15 of electricity and actually far less if you account for my solar system at home. FUSC is dumb for both Tesla and the owners.

I always understood that the intention of the supercharger network was for road trips, not for charging at home.