Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 2020.44.10.1 the last version before rewrite FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So rewrite FSD has jumped to 2020.44.10.2 which is obviously the next version after the general fleet version out now. I wonder if this means Tesla is planning no further updates until general rollout for rewrite FSD?

Maybe others here know more about their versioning system, but it does not make sense to me for them to have two different “versions” of 44.10.2 deployed.

They could just skip to 10.3 for general fleet, but it is interesting that they did not stick to the older versioning for the FSD rewrite.

Elon indicated that they merged a bunch of branches so all they did was make the FSD beta participants current with all the features that everyone has.

I suspect there will be other GA releases while FSD beta participants will keep this versions and then they will merge branches again.

This is a typical software dev behavior when testing new capabilities beyond a single development sprint while continuing with completing additional development user stories.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1327750522489638912?s=21

I read this as a variant of 44.10 - so all the fsd support is now merged with the latest codebase. The beta functionality was configurable before, so we know old and new can co-exist.

Certainly this will make the development easier, and may mean that versions are now merged, but says nothing about how soon the beta switch is enabled for more people.

I read this as a variant of 44.10 - so all the fsd support is now merged with the latest codebase. The beta functionality was configurable before, so we know old and new can co-exist.

Certainly this will make the development easier, and may mean that versions are now merged, but says nothing about how soon the beta switch is enabled for more people.
Not necessarily related to time.

FSD has been a separate branch for a long time, being independent of the released master branch. Occasionally they merge master into other branches like FSD to bring it up to date, and minimizing the amount of merge conflicts by resolving them along the way.

Occasionally branches like FSD are also partially merged into master before FSD is released. This occurs when they have an isolated property of the new branch code that is deemed enough tested, and is compatible with the existing code in master. Then it's introduced to master make the diff between FSD and master smaller, lowering risk and easier to merge in the future.

Reactions: Koolio46