Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a quick note for anyone who has placed an order in say the last 3 weeks;
Tesla's website is reporting an uniform 8-12 week delivery estimate for all configs of M3s;
Has anyone else ordered recently, gotten a similarly long estimate but taken delivery more quickly?

Just wanted to get a sense if 8-12 weeks really is legit

John

Just a quick note for anyone who has placed an order in say the last 3 weeks;
Tesla's website is reporting an uniform 8-12 week delivery estimate for all configs of M3s;
Has anyone else ordered recently, gotten a similarly long estimate but taken delivery more quickly?

Just wanted to get a sense if 8-12 weeks really is legit

John

Mine ordered M3 SR+ on the 24th April and I still awaiting a VIN number so it sounds typical to me. But some people do fall lucky, remember Tesla don't build cars to order they just build cars and you get matched to your order.

Placed my order June 10th and could have taken delivery before EOM but I asked my SA to push it out until mid-July. Picking up a June 5th build as of July 17th. When I ordered, it also had the 9-12 week estimate.

Umm to the UK?, I find that very hard to believe. 2 weeks to build, 3 weeks from Pier 80 to the EU. Another 2-3 days to get to Southampton. Transport distribution after arriving at the docks. Then detailing and contactless delivery. The math doesn't add up.

Yeah that was for NA people. For the UK, you should get it my the end of this month. They are building European cars now.

Reactions: Mark S
Ordered white SR+ to WI on 6/29 expecting 8-12 weeks and had a VIN assigned in two days with ETD in mid-July. Had to push out to August to get my ducks in a row but my advisor indicated it would be no issue as there would be more ready in early August.

I live on the east coast and was wondering if there was a pattern for cars being delivered at the beginning of a new quarter? I didn’t know if I should be prepared for a mid month or end of month time frame if I ordered in mid May and requested delivery for July. I’m regretting that I didn’t request for June since there was a push to get as many cars out the door for the end of the 2nd quarter. I really don’t want to wait until August or September!!!
Thanks in advance for your insights!

I live on the east coast and was wondering if there was a pattern for cars being delivered at the beginning of a new quarter? I didn’t know if I should be prepared for a mid month or end of month time frame if I ordered in mid May and requested delivery for July. I’m regretting that I didn’t request for June since there was a push to get as many cars out the door for the end of the 2nd quarter. I really don’t want to wait until August or September!!!
Thanks in advance for your insights!

Just for your reference, I ordered in Mid June for delivery no earlier than end of July. I got a message from my SA on 7/3 asking if I still plan to take delivery in July or want it later. I confirmed yes and on 7/8 a VIN was assigned to my order. From this point onwards I expect around 4 weeks for delivery.

Just for your reference, I ordered in Mid June for delivery no earlier than end of July. I got a message from my SA on 7/3 asking if I still plan to take delivery in July or want it later. I confirmed yes and on 7/8 a VIN was assigned to my order. From this point onwards I expect around 4 weeks for delivery.
Well I’m jealous!! I ordered a white/white interior LR AWD 19” wheels. What was your configuration?