Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is 8-12 Week Delivery Estimate accurate these days?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a M3 SR+ White w/ Blk interior on 7/3... was told to finish my payment documents as I am doing financing through Tesla ASAP so my order actually goes through... well I got a text on 8/6 saying 5-8 weeks... this will be past the 60 day financing lock in which is pretty frustrating that I had my credit run and then will have to do it all over again. Spoke with my SA and they said “sorry” and that they would notate that in the file, but I’m not sure that the financing team will even consider this. Still hoping it comes sooner. Fingers crossed.
I have the same issue. I placed my order 7/25, but I am hopeful it will arrive before the 60 days. Fingers crossed!

I ordered a M3 SR+ White w/ Blk interior on 7/3... was told to finish my payment documents as I am doing financing through Tesla ASAP so my order actually goes through... well I got a text on 8/6 saying 5-8 weeks... this will be past the 60 day financing lock in which is pretty frustrating that I had my credit run and then will have to do it all over again. Spoke with my SA and they said “sorry” and that they would notate that in the file, but I’m not sure that the financing team will even consider this. Still hoping it comes sooner. Fingers crossed.

I was told that financing via Tesla stays good for 90 days.

I’m in Florida and ordered a white M3 SR+ with black interior and aero wheels on 7/28 with 5-9 weeks delivery. I received a text last week saying the wait would be 5-8 weeks. The SA reached out yesterday and said there are no updates. Bummed. Especially now that the website says it’s 3-7 weeks for new orders. I’m just hoping I don’t have to get my trade re-evaluated.

Just got a text from "operations team" at the Sales center I placed the order:

Hi xxx,
This is xxx from the Operations Team in Paramus, NJ. I hope all is well!
We're still waiting for a vehicle to be assigned to your account. Once that happens, we'll have a clearer ETA for you. Thank you for your patience!

Ordered 07/25. Only other update I've received so far is an automated text on 8/6 saying delivery will be 5-8 weeks from that day.

Reactions: NpOverspeed
I placed my order August sixth, I’m still on the

“We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment”

I leased it? Is this a normal page to be stuck on for the lease option? Am I missing anything? There is no ability to change anything anymore so I’m assuming it’s fine?

View attachment 564849
I need to know if this car has A USB-C and Wireless phone charger or not. Is there any way to know?

I asked this to my Tesla Advisor and no response. I read M3 made after June 4th 2020 will have mobile wireless charging and USB-C ports. Hopefully they do. I’ve already purchased and starting to purchase accessories that I think I’ll need, but I don’t have a VIN assigned yet. Sounds completely nuts trying to stockpile things and you don’t know when you’ll get the car. I ordered second week of July 2020. Let’s see.

My page just shows a spot to upload proof of insurance but I can’t do that without a vin, right? Last I heard from my SA they were going on a two week vacation, so I think I’m just playing the waiting game now...

I believe this is for current car insurance. If you live in a state where you can drive the car under previous vehicle insurance. My state requires I have insurance of the vehicle I’m driving..so VIN is a must. Check with your SA. Or check on your account it should give you states where it is required for you to have insurance on the vehicle before you drive it off the lot.

“We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment”

I leased it? Is this a normal page to be stuck on for the lease option? Am I missing anything? There is no ability to change anything anymore so I’m assuming it’s fine?

Assuming you already submitted a lease credit application and agreed to terms, then it's fine and the page will remain with your agreed upon lease details (the "+" button brings up the lease details). You still need to make the final payment based on that agreement just days before delivery.

Assuming you already submitted a lease credit application and agreed to terms, then it's fine and the page will remain with your agreed upon lease details (the "+" button brings up the lease details). You still need to make the final payment based on that agreement just days before delivery.

thank you Daryll, I appreciate that. I’m already so anxious waiting I just wanted to make sure I had done everything right. The lease application was indeed already submitted.

I asked this to my Tesla Advisor and no response. I read M3 made after June 4th 2020 will have mobile wireless charging and USB-C ports. Hopefully they do. I’ve already purchased and starting to purchase accessories that I think I’ll need, but I don’t have a VIN assigned yet. Sounds completely nuts trying to stockpile things and you don’t know when you’ll get the car. I ordered second week of July 2020. Let’s see.
My wife ordered her M3 in June and it came with wireless charging and USB-C ports. So I think its safe to say any M3 being delivered now would have it.

I changed my order from Jan 2021 delivery to ASAP on July 17, and I also have that "We are drafting..." text. My only options there are to update my insurance coverage and to delete FSD. Anything else would have to be done in person or by phone, if at all.

Since I started this thread - just thought I'd let everyone know - I did take delivery yesterday .... my original 8-12 weeks ended up being 6; but in talking to a Tesla SA - it's all about WHEN that order is paced in the window of the quarterly schedule; in my case (on 7/5) - roughly one month into the quarter - led to an about normal wait; something at the VERY beginning of the quarter could result in fast turn around if there is available inventory from the previous quarter's production; but also - it has to do with the config selected; Tesla obviously pays attentions to the configs that gets the most purchases; a config like mine is probably (by the numbers) one of the smaller batch configs produced; white is overwhelmingly manufactured in higher quantities than red. I would expect that once the other giga factories get up and running, delivery estimates will become much more predictable!