TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Is a model 3 the right car for me

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Daniel Wilson, May 15, 2017.

1. Daniel Wilson

Daniel Wilson Danny boy

Mar 15, 2016
    #1 Daniel Wilson, May 15, 2017
    Last edited: May 15, 2017

I currently have a March 31st model 3 preorder and hoping for a battery around the 75kw battery size for my weekly trip to work and return home on a weekend. I have no problem charging at home at 7kw charger as long as the wife moves the Leaf, but have looked on zap map and the closes chargers are a few miles away one at 22kw and a chademo charger that has issues.

With no work destination charger available it would be a mostly dc charging, after the reduction in supercharger speed which doesn't worrie me to much but my own maths are bit rushty I would be doing
    6.336mwh a year used at 216 when per k.

Any help would be helpful thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Electric Dream

Jul 21, 2016
    Considering we are still looking at a year before we get delivery in the UK, I suspect there will be more charging options available to us all by then.
    • Like x 1