Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is happy customer a priority at Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s what is causing the problem in the first place. The reps are not using the referral link to place the order because they use their internal ordering system. Then they tell you that they will add the referral code after the fact. But the referrals don’t get processed properly and the referral desk denies them because the original order was not placed using the referral link. The reps are not aware that even though they can add the code in their system that the codes are not being honored so they will tell you the code is in the system. Don’t go there. It just won’t work no matter what the reps tell you.

The rep entered the code just fine for me. I received the full credit. So it's not that they can't do it.....

Glad to hear it worked for you. Others have not been so lucky.

Use Referral Code Link To Order... Period.

Right, but the devil's in the details...........ain't it now? I agree not to place the order without using the referral code, however, with the P3D- you can't order directly from the website because those vehicles do not show up on our software. The rep can find the vehicle and send you the link, in which case you can likely place the order yourself, using the code. That is probably the best way to do this. I could not do that because for some reason the rep could not find the website link for the particular vin he had found which I wanted, he had been able to send me others. Ordering a car you don't want and changing it may well work but you still need to do that while communicating with the rep to change the vin. Or you can just have them place the order using the code and send you the order to complete and approve. It's all about communication and understanding the details. Skinnin' the cat's what counts.........

Sorry for splitting this discussion. The OP was talking about, I assume, buying an inventory vehicle which he could access online but understanding the rep would add the referral code, so he did not. That's just bad information received or a simple misunderstanding of the process. I agree that Tesla letting it slide would have been smart. I was talking about buying an inventory, non-listed, P3D-, different thing. A rep adding the code when not placing the order is another matter than the rep placing the order using the code. The rep can clearly do that..........However, it seems the code can only be used while placing the order. Silly perhaps but so it goes........

Last edited:
Where do you find confirmation of the charging hours being applied to your car? I gave the code to my service advisor and he said he applied it but I don’t see it anywhere. I also don’t have my car yet if that makes a difference.