Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible I could find a powerwall 2 for sale?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen them on pallets in FB marketplace. No idea what needs to be done behind that but there are 3rd party certified installers so it doesn't HAVE to go through Tesla. Permits are certainly required but I'm sure many would forgo if not going through T.

Usually the only legit Powerwalls you will find for sale are referral awards. There is a specific procedure for transferring the award to someone and people have successfully done it through Tesla. You will still have to pay for installation, which would include all the permitting.

Reactions: charlesj
I was also looking for Powerwalls. It looks like Petersen Dean went under. There was an auction with 3 Powerwalls, I thought if I could by them for 4K then I would be in good shape. Some one bought them for 6k each. For me it was not a good deal since the new ones are 7k. Possibly it was a good purchase for an installer.

I was also looking for Powerwalls. It looks like Petersen Dean went under. There was an auction with 3 Powerwalls, I thought if I could by them for 4K then I would be in good shape. Some one bought them for 6k each. For me it was not a good deal since the new ones are 7k. Possibly it was a good purchase for an installer.
I remember those Peterson Dean commericals saying they would always be there

Not anymore.....
Still getting paperwork from their bankruptcy. Looks like they have liquidated the business and all their pending installation like ours were sold to someone else. I got a 10-page list of everyone on the pending list so there are a lot of people. I can't wait to be contacted by whoever bought the list and asked if you want to continue. I will just point them to the SolarRoof and say "no way".

So glad we dodged the bullet of going with P-D.

Still getting paperwork from their bankruptcy. Looks like they have liquidated the business and all their pending installation like ours were sold to someone else. I got a 10-page list of everyone on the pending list so there are a lot of people. I can't wait to be contacted by whoever bought the list and asked if you want to continue. I will just point them to the SolarRoof and say "no way".

So glad we dodged the bullet of going with P-D.
They were big installers once. I remember their sales pitch to me in the past.