Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is it possible to enable Sentry mode for pre-defined hours?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not in stock form... The car doesn't provide that nor does the mobile app. A service like TeslaFi (or probably any other that calls on the Tesla API) can schedule commands, and changing the sentry status is one of the options:
1708546961274.png

I don't have commands enabled on mine as you can see, but it seems doable.

Attachments

• 1708546931491.png
    1708546931491.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 29
There has been people trying car doors in my neighbourhood recently. Sentry is pretty heavy on the battery so I don't want to turn it on all night. Is it possible to set up a schedule so that Sentry would be enabled between 2am and 5:30am?
Sentry mode uses about 7% of the battery per day, depending on your battery size. You could reduce this by simply turning on sentry mode when you go to bed and disabling when you awake. Of course, you'll need to remember to do this, but you could set alarms on your phone to remind you. Otherwise, you'll need a third party application as others have stated.

There has been people trying car doors in my neighbourhood recently. Sentry is pretty heavy on the battery so I don't want to turn it on all night. Is it possible to set up a schedule so that Sentry would be enabled between 2am and 5:30am?
If you have an iPhone you can set up automations in the Shortcuts app to run at the specified times. I just tried it out and made the 2 below:
1708621842958.png

This should help...

Has anyone documented the power usage for the following.

Power usage differences between the 12V/resistive heater and 16V/heatpump Telsa Models
while the car is awake with Sentry Mode enabled/disabled?

I was under the impression that Sentry Mode did not use much more energy than if the car was just awake for some other reason (like topping off or maintaining the charge level of the Low Voltage battery, downloading firmware etc..). If true, then reducing the power used by Sentry Mode by approx 40% should also reduce the energy used anytime the vehicle is awake?

I was under the impression that Sentry Mode did not use much more energy than if the car was just awake for some other reason (like topping off or maintaining the charge level of the Low Voltage battery, downloading firmware etc..). If true, then reducing the power used by Sentry Mode by approx 40% should also reduce the energy used anytime the vehicle is awake?

I charge using level 1 every day the car is used after my short local driving. The car sometimes sits in the garage with Sentry on and charging. I do not see any difference when charging with Sentry on or off. However, I have tried charging with Sentry off but with the heat turned on and the car hardly charges at all. Not scientific, just an observation.

I charge using level 1 every day the car is used after my short local driving. The car sometimes sits in the garage with Sentry on and charging. I do not see any difference when charging with Sentry on or off. However, I have tried charging with Sentry off but with the heat turned on and the car hardly charges at all. Not scientific, just an observation.
Really? I notice a pretty big difference in lvl1 charging speed when Sentry is on vs off. 10% would take roughly less than 10hrs with Sentry off, but go 10hrs+ with Sentry on.