Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is P3D delivery really within 2 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of those above 60 days configured in late-June/early-July? That was the initial rush. During that period, configurations could be entered before builds and deliveries were possible. I configured a couple hours before most people realized it was possible to start to configure a P3D+. I wouldn't say my timeline accurately reflects what you'd find today.

I also chose a black interior. Initial P3D builds were with white interiors. It took a while before black interiors started to be delivered.

I'd look at more recent configurations, and configurations closest to what you want in a car, to get a more accurate picture of the timeline.

You will bump an AWD person into next year if needed for Tesla to get you your P.

I’d wager on this.

If performance can be unlocked from a regular awd car, I wonder what incentives Tesla will offer near end of Q4 to "order a P model" and how many people who were about to take delivery of a normal AWD will have theirs taken, unlocked, and given to the new P order.

"The probability is high. It's very high." -K2SO

If performance can be unlocked from a regular awd car, I wonder what incentives Tesla will offer near end of Q4 to "order a P model" and how many people who were about to take delivery of a normal AWD will have theirs taken, unlocked, and given to the new P order.

"The probability is high. It's very high." -K2SO

We don’t know yet if they can and will take any AWD off the street and just boost it into a P.

Having AWD firmware loaded on a P is not the same as having P firmware loaded on AWD.

If latter is true, it makes Elon a bit of a liar on the binned and double burn in.

Rogue one was truly excellent. What tf happened to last Jedi and solo. Uggg

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
We don’t know yet if they can and will take any AWD off the street and just boost it into a P.

Having AWD firmware loaded on a P is not the same as having P firmware loaded on AWD.

If latter is true, it makes Elon a bit of a liar on the binned and double burn in.

Rogue one was truly excellent. What tf happened to last Jedi and solo. Uggg

"IF" performance can be unlocked... No one is sure, but that is my hunch. Streamlined manufacturing, and who knows, maybe all the motors meet performance specs so they don't need to bin any more. That is all speculation. However as unorganized as deliveries have been, the chance of a few cars having the wrong firmware and magically being flashed to performance only strengthens the theory in my mind.

---

“We were on the verge of greatness.” – Orson Krennic
Then came along TLJ...

It totally depends, I ordered on june 27th (reseved day 1) and it always said by late september.
somehow on 29th Sept I got a call and scheduled for Oct 2nd. however that has been a moving target and now its all back to square 1.
and then there are several folks who just get their P3D in a week or two. YMMV

I got mine in 13 days. Reserved on 3/31/16 online, invite to order 6/24/18, ordered P3D+ 9/8/18, delivered 9/21/18. My family had 2 Model S’s at time of reservation.

Build date was 8/18, so I was matched up with a pre-built car that was in transit to my delivery center when I ordered. My sales advisor gave me a VIN 5 days after I placed my order.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911 and neroden