Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Model 3PD expected to match the Model S P85D performance?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The cost of a used Model S P85D is in the same range as the cost of a brand new Model 3PD and I suppose we'll have the answer to this question in about a month.

Does anyone know if the Model 3PD will deliver the same 1G+ acceleration experience as a Model S P85D?

nobody can know for sure since the car isn't delivered and Tesla doesn't release technical specs (after people whined the HP numbers they got on a dyno wern't the same).'

If I were a betting man, I'd say the M3 performance would be higher performing due to the lighter weight.

Pardon my ignorance, but can't you just compare the 0-60 times? Or is there something else to the Gs you'd feel in different cars with same 0-60 times.

A P85D is 3.2s vs P3 will be 3.5s.

Or when @tpham07 you're saying nobody can know for sure, thats only because we don't know the real world acceleration which could be faster than the 3.5s?

Pardon my ignorance, but can't you just compare the 0-60 times? Or is there something else to the Gs you'd feel in different cars with same 0-60 times.

A P85D is 3.2s vs P3 will be 3.5s.

Or when @tpham07 you're saying nobody can know for sure, thats only because we don't know the real world acceleration which could be faster than the 3.5s?

I have a feeling that they will understate the performance of the Model 3PD to make the Model S P100D more appealing. 3.5s is pretty close to 3.2s and I have a feeling the Model S P85D performance and the Model 3PD performance will be very similar. Would be very interesting to see a 0-60 race between the two.

Any hypothesis about which model will pull harder from 0?

According to Hank's EVCPO listings, there are 33 used P85D's for sale in the US. If the performance model 3 is almost as quick there will be alot more. Does Tesla want to devalue existing model S's for more model 3 sales?

According to Hank's EVCPO listings, there are 33 used P85D's for sale in the US. If the performance model 3 is almost as quick there will be alot more. Does Tesla want to devalue existing model S's for more model 3 sales?

Already a precedent for this as the Model 3LR RWD is faster than the initial Model S60.

Also they are clearly understating both the performance and the range of the Model 3 -- most likely until they update the Model S.

How much longer until we see a Model S P85D and Model 3 AWD Performance do 0-60? Will people be getting their Model 3 Performance AWD models this month?