Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the S about to get those bundled interior options?

interior bundled options coming?

• Yes

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OP is referring to the way the Model X is currently offered. There are only certain groupings of seats colors, headliner, and trim options to choose from. It is not broken out the way the S is currently.

This is one of the great USP's of the model S, but as badly as i want all of the options, i can see a bundled option coming soon as it would be the best way to streamline production and prepare for the model 3.

Last edited:
I suspect more bundling will come, similar to premium package bundled an option which most people want - power liftgate, with options a lot of people don't care for like LED interior highlights which used to be a $2K option on their own. Yes it does streamline production, but also makes people pay for options they would not have usually gotten, increasing average selling price of the car. Not a new technique, that's how I ended up with a sunroof in almost every ICE I ever bought, except for custom order to Porsche where I had the option to pay to remove it.

Reactions: DIL
While I love a la carte, wouldn't mind a price break on a bundle.
It's only a break if you would have bought all the parts anyways. Say pano was bundled with rear facing seats, for a $500 saving? If you wanted pano but had no plans to get the seats, your pano just got a lot more expensive.

Btw, so far, historically Tesla bundles offered modest savings over buying all pieces separately, but no savings if you didn't want any one of the bundles features.

Also, besides official package bundling, Tesla has done some semi-bundling such as not offering premium seats on lower models. So if you want premium seats, you have to get the 90 battery.

New to the forum and happy to be here. I understand that a certain level of bundling is necessary to mass market (model 3) but model x isn't really intended to be a mass market vehicle. It's still a 6 figure vehicle and seems like there should be at least the same number of a la carte options as MS. Bundling has already bitten me in the rear too. I didn't get the premium package despite really wanting to get the power liftgate. Less than 2 weeks after owning the vehicle I scraped the trunk lid on my garage due to the height that it opens. Very sad $1,000 mistake...

I may be opening a can on this (and I'm slightly bitter) but shouldn't power liftgate be standard on a car that is $80,000?

Reactions: William3
New to the forum and happy to be here. I understand that a certain level of bundling is necessary to mass market (model 3) but model x isn't really intended to be a mass market vehicle. It's still a 6 figure vehicle and seems like there should be at least the same number of a la carte options as MS. Bundling has already bitten me in the rear too. I didn't get the premium package despite really wanting to get the power liftgate. Less than 2 weeks after owning the vehicle I scraped the trunk lid on my garage due to the height that it opens. Very sad $1,000 mistake...

I may be opening a can on this (and I'm slightly bitter) but shouldn't power liftgate be standard on a car that is $80,000?

It should you can find a 2016,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7 Chevy Tahoe LS,LT,LTZ with power liftgate standard! My wife's Tahoe had it and we payed no where near 80k for that truck back in 2012! So power liftgate should be standard as well as the LED fogs! someone shouldn't have to by PUP just for a power liftgate!

holy crow!!

there went the gloss and matte obeche interior options! :) i think it's a good trade off for the awesome new seats!!!

i would almost get the multi-pattern seats now cuz they look just as good (not cooled though...)