Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is the Server for the Tesla mobile app down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
News of this tomorrow will help sink the stock more. Time to get another share when it dips.

That’s not cool it breaks the BT key. They need to fix that. Makes no sense if you’re already authenticated and you have security on your phone access.
At first I had to used my card to start the car, but now the BT seems to work in the app and the car starts as normal. None of the other functionality in the app works...it just keeps spinning showing the last update time of 10:14 AM CDT.

Logging out I found out myself once is not good. Don’t remember the circumstances but it ended up being a pain. Hope you have your card key. Do you have another driver with authorized phone key for when it goes back on line.
close the app. cycle the blue tooth. Mine too didn't start the car used my card key and the car worked fine. after that the BT connected the phone and the app shows the key as connected...nothing else in the app works.

5am EST and I'm still down for me.... Pretty annoyed that Tesla has yet to acknowledge it at all, let alone provide updates/instructions.

EDIT: And... now it's working 30 minutes later. No changes done on my part, just started working. Weird.

Last edited:
while i understand the need for app maintenance, Tesla should be doing a better job of 1. providing high-availability servers to prevent an extended outage and 2. alerting users that the app will be down for maintenance and to have their keycard nearby.

We don't know what actually happened - I doubt highly that it was "maintainance", I'm pretty sure they have some kind of backup plan for when that would happen. I would more suspect it was just some kind of dumb technical glitch, like a power failure, or possibly some variation of a hacker attack.

while i understand the need for app maintenance, Tesla should be doing a better job of 1. providing high-availability servers to prevent an extended outage and 2. alerting users that the app will be down for maintenance and to have their keycard nearby.

Tesla already tells you this in the manual.

“Caution: Remember to bring a key with you when you drive. Although you can drive Model 3 away from its key, you will be unable to power it back on after it powers off.”

And also Don’t Log Out of Your Account:

“Note: You must remain logged in to your Tesla Account to use your phone to access Model 3.”