Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

is there a way for tesla to upgrade seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i did, on my 2017 MX.. those seats were uncomfortable.. i did just the driver seat.. it was not cheap ($3500)

Vaibhav,

Can you let me know what that process was like in terms of interacting with the service center and getting it done?

I have a 2017 MX and the bottom cushion is squeezing my legs and causing significant discomfort. Was this the same experience for you?

Did you upgrade to the 2020 Gen 2 seat? What felt different? Did you feel less squeezed and significantly more comfortable when driving 2-3 hours?

Regards,
Michael

The seat I would most like to change is the middle pedestal seat in the second row. The headrest is too high and seriously cuts the visibility of the back window. I nearly always drive with the rear camera on as an extra “rear view mirror”. I would pay big bucks to have the back of that seat modified by an upholstery shop. Tesla dropped the ball by not putting a removable headrest in that seat, no matter how goofy it would’ve looked. They obviously realized the mistake they had made; they reduced the size of the headrest in the newer (bench) second row.

The seat I would most like to change is the middle pedestal seat in the second row. The headrest is too high and seriously cuts the visibility of the back window. I nearly always drive with the rear camera on as an extra “rear view mirror”. I would pay big bucks to have the back of that seat modified by an upholstery shop. Tesla dropped the ball by not putting a removable headrest in that seat, no matter how goofy it would’ve looked. They obviously realized the mistake they had made; they reduced the size of the headrest in the newer (bench) second row.

This would be a great option for you, I suspect. In all honesty, since the rear camera functionality was improved a few months ago, this may no longer be necessary.
Xeapoms 4K 10'' Mirror Dash Cam... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088YWJVTN?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It used to be sold by Dmyco, but now Xeapoms is the seller available on Amazon. Let me know if you end up getting it as I can provide lots of practical advice on where to locate the rear camera and how best to run the wiring.

Vaibhav,

Can you let me know what that process was like in terms of interacting with the service center and getting it done?

I have a 2017 MX and the bottom cushion is squeezing my legs and causing significant discomfort. Was this the same experience for you?

Did you upgrade to the 2020 Gen 2 seat? What felt different? Did you feel less squeezed and significantly more comfortable when driving 2-3 hours?

Regards,
Michael

Hi,

It was a pain to be honest, i took it into service over 3 times before the confirmed it was going to be a paid change.. first they opened the seat to look at it inside and said looks normal, took it again for the service manager and someone else to look into it and told them i just could not drive the car.. thats when they offered the paid service options..