Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is there anything left to speculate about?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Windshield wiper fluid.

We need a massive thread discussing the composition of the factory windshield wiper fluid, it's fill level, specific gravity, and overall impact on mileage.

Then we compare the data against speculative fluid data for some as-yet unmanufactured electric vehicle such as the (revived) Edsel company electrical that someone heard might enter production in 2027

... so we can then endlessly debate whether or not we should hold off on purchasing....
Hey! Hey! No joke. If you use non BMW washer fluid in a BMW328i it can cost you a $400 repair to clean the filter - this is with the CPO warranty!

• Informative
Reactions: JeffK
Sorry, for wiper blades you'll have to purchase the Model S. For $35,000 it'll come with a bottle of windex and a towel. A microfiber towel is a premium upgrade.

Oh, it comes with wiper blades - but using them requires an over-the-air upgrade.

Also, while they're usually pretty reliable, occasionally they'll misinterpret a glare from the side of your car as being the windshield and will start wiping your tires.

Reactions: JeffK
I am actually pretty pumped about the UI on that screen.

3y_Q-RQaSS6FCNITqNaTeA.jpeg

Elon Musk on Twitter

I think we've barely cracked the surface on UI speculation. How else that screen gonna morph? I would've expected more speculation on it, especially because it'll likely borrow from the Model S/X UI. I also want to be convinced it's built on a more stable platform than the S/X screen.

-----

I'm also curious what hardware drives the single display. The Drive PX2 doesn't have any GPU rendering for content, AFAIK, so maybe Tegra X1 (NVIDIA says they still power the infotainment system in the S/X, so I just assume Tesla would stick with them for the 3).