Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this 8.8019 second 1/4 mile run real?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are now advertising upgrade brakes pads for the Plaid S.

Higher thermal capability brake pads

1696881177052.png

I've seen another similar video, the car is completely gutted.
What I REALLY wanna know is how is he bumping the car in for the 2nd bulb after getting into track mode.
You can do that by very slightly releasing/modulating the brake pedal after you are in cheetah stance ready. The car will allow you to creep forward while still remaining ready in cheetah stance. It's pretty easy to do but makes some interesting brake noises.

You can do that by very slightly releasing/modulating the brake pedal after you are in cheetah stance ready. The car will allow you to creep forward while still remaining ready in cheetah stance. It's pretty easy to do but makes some interesting brake noises.
Do i keep the accelerator completely to the wood while "modulating" the brake?

I just noticed my post above, track mode was meant to say "cheetah stance" 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yes accelerator to the floor. Just do cheetah stance all the way to 'ready' like normal, then just barely lift off the brake a tad, likely slightly less pressure until you start to creep forward.
I actaully tried this in the past, and the car just lurched hard. I thought I was going REALLY slow when pulling off the brake.

I need to get this down to real racing. Thanks for the help.