Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastest 1/4 mile tires for 18inch rimmed M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000068793.jpg
Superspeed RF03RR 18x8.5+35, supposed to be 18.1lbs but didn't get a chance to weigh it separately. Tire is 235/45/18 Conti DWS06 Plus which is listed at 23lbs so weight is definitely in the ballpark. Uberheavy on the left with 34k km.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
View attachment 1013906Superspeed RF03RR 18x8.5+35, supposed to be 18.1lbs but didn't get a chance to weigh it separately. Tire is 235/45/18 Conti DWS06 Plus which is listed at 23lbs so weight is definitely in the ballpark. Uberheavy on the left with 34k km.
That is extremely light. Put the Pirelli PZ4 tires on those wheels and it would be hard to get even lighter than that.

No unfortunately on the data. However preconditioning reached its limit and deactivated. External temp was around 26 degrees celcius. Tyre pressures were 45psi
Did they give you a time slip with the intermediate times on it? Let’s see that if you have it.

Are you certain the timing system is accurate? I assume that because of your spelling of “tyre” you are in a country that uses the metric system. I have seen 1/4 mile timing be off in countries that use the metric system because the conversion is sometimes not precise enough.

I always run the Dragy as a backup even at the track because it is so consistent. You wouldn’t believe how many tracks have flawed timing systems.

Last edited:
Ok went back to the track with the 18s on. 98% SOC and fully preconditioned. Best was 11.409 @ 118.83mph
The 60 foot is holding the car back with a best of 1.809. How do we get this bad boy into the 1.7s!
I hate to ask but how much do you weigh? That can make a significant difference if the driver is extremely heavy.

The single most important thing for the 60 foot time with a Model 3 Performance is weight.

100% stock I did 1.82 60’.

Stock with a 100 lb passenger that went to 1.87 60’.

Preheating the battery didn’t improve the 60’ at all but lowered the 1/4 mile by over .1 seconds. 1.83 60’.

Using lightweight 18” wheels only took the 60’ down .05 seconds to 1.78 60’.

Taking 150 lbs out of the interior got me another .03 seconds over just using lighter wheels. 1.75 60’.

IMG_2508.png
IMG_2509.png
IMG_2507.png
IMG_2510.png
IMG_2511.png

Here is a breakdown of the 3 runs.
Really solid trap speeds. You definitely got the battery optimized. I wonder if they were including a 1 foot rollout or not? You definitely were losing everything in the 60’. All of your trap speeds are fine.

Try shallow staging. If you can stop just after you light the second bulb then that will give you the longest rollout and keep your 60’ time low. Everything else looks good for your run. You were hitting some really solid speeds.

Really solid trap speeds. You definitely got the battery optimized. I wonder if they were including a 1 foot rollout or not? You definitely were losing everything in the 60’. All of your trap speeds are fine.

Try shallow staging. If you can stop just after you light the second bulb then that will give you the longest rollout and keep your 60’ time low. Everything else looks good for your run. You were hitting some really solid speeds.

More information - Driver weight 150lb. Ambient temp - 77F
About the only think I can put it down to is being unable to avoid the water box, even though we did a dry hop up to the line.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd