Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastest 1/4 mile tires for 18inch rimmed M3P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After putting some more thought into it there may be been some issue with the 45psi I was running allround in the tires (I spelt it right this time). What feedback do you guys have on pressures? Just a stock 300 treadwear 235/34/18
I'd run the highest pressure you can without getting any spin. A Dragy or Racebox would be useful to graph G force. I'm assuming you're launching by slamming the throttle pedal down as quick as possible?

Definitely do a couple of hits after the water box. We can drive around our water boxes but I still do a couple of hits after it to shake the rocks off.
It was really quite stupid how much water they put down. It's a state of the art facility and they literall put so much water on it was running down the sides of each lane towards the start line. I am tipping this cost us a low 11.3

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Notably do any of you quick guys here experience a little torque steer and obvious nose lift in the first half of the track?
Zero torque steer here but I do my own alignments to perfection. Brand new Teslas are known for bad alignments, thrust angles off, steering wheels off center. I've tried launching to 60ft and braking with no hands on the wheel and the car goes straight.

Nose lift on stock suspension is normal.

Yes mines a 19 and lifts the snout a fair bit even though it has the proper P suspension which they diced on later models. I have been thinking about trying to measure a difference with the nose pinned down a bit more as they do on the S (albeit without air suspension in the 3)

Does anyone know how the 265/40/18 tires on an 9.5” wheel affect performance compared to the 235 tires on an 8.5” wheel in the 1/4 mile? There’s obviously more weight and more rolling resistance, but they perform better on a road course.

Notably do any of you quick guys here experience a little torque steer and obvious nose lift in the first half of the track?
No torque steer but I do lift a little in the front.

IMG_5904.jpeg