Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a new record?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I very much doubt it, there's been 'on the day' kerbing reported here before. I'm surprised some people make it out of the delivery centre.

Was it rear left, that the only one I've done, cutting left turns too tight?
Yep - rear left! Annoyingly I was doing a good deed. Old neighbour with mobility issues asked if I could take him to a medical appointment. Wanted to get as close to the kerb as possible for him!

I got a quote of £333.45 for a 3 year policy.
Covers 3 replacement tyres (from damage) and 3 alloy repairs a year. Not bad value looking at the price of a tyre and if you are running on inductions.

Reactions: pheo and up_north
Pah .. I did mine the day I picked it up!. But if it makes you feel better, I was parked up next to this guy the other day, same on the back wheel :rolleyes:
PXL_20220629_092620159.jpg

Reactions: Mrklaw
Within the first 3 or 4 days of getting my M3P, I scraped the rear passenger wheel on a particular corner kerb near where I live.

2 years later, Kwik fit changed my rear tyres and happened to swap the rear wheels as well. Within 2 days of that I scraped the same corner on the same kerb so ended up with both rears scraped. Ho hum.

Since had them both repaired for £200. No doubt that same kerb will get me again at some point!

Reactions: up_north
With my first M3 I’d kerbed 3 of the alloys within a month (the lines in the reversing camera could be better, couldn’t they!) and so was very pleased with myself for not kerbing the MIC car in it’s first 4 months.

I then did this and wished I’d only kerbed an alloy ☹️ :

0F130FE5-ECEE-49C7-AB39-4DF91F729478.jpeg

It was obviously in the body shop for many weeks but then came back like new. I took it for a drive and hit a kerb within 10 mins.

I’ve not hit any other kerbs in the last 6 months (that’ll probably be tonight 🤦‍♂️) but when it next happens I will think “it could be worse”.

Reactions: Itidiot
Took me 500 miles and a couple of weeks….

I can’t tell the wife as I haven’t let her drive the Tesla yet because she is a serial wheel kerber!

CF067DDD-14D2-4E17-96A6-02729FE24117.jpeg

The Gemini wheel covers don’t protect the outer rim of the wheel. I have some black wheel covers coming from AliExpress that cover the whole wheel so hopefully won’t happen again and when they arrive I can cover the damage.