Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this a sweet deal on a p85d ludicrous? Thank you

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup. In the used/CPO data stream, there's a field called "OriginalInCustomerGarageDate" which keeps track of this date. I'm not sure why they don't call it "OriginalDeliveryDate". :rolleyes:
Now that’s been settled can we get back to my original question and why I started this thread? Price thoughts on this car, would love to hear thoughts, thanks...

Here’s the summary:

It's a private party sale in California.

Included in price: 4-Year Extended Service Agreement (too 100k miles or 2/1/2023, whichever comes first) - seller purchased through Tesla.
Model year 2014, but Feb. 2015 was the first inservice date (so battery warranty expires 2/1/2023).

Ludicrous upgrade :)
Black on black and inside and outside is a 9.5/10 -- excellent overall cosmetic condition
51,000 miles
All options except sub-zero pkg
19" OEM wheels, Michelin tires 80%

2 previous owners, 2 years left of HOV stickers in California
No accidents or paintwork

Price: $53,300 ...I think it's a great deal (I've done 2 months of research but I am relatively new to Tesla). Also it being private party I don't have to deal with Tesla's dicey CPO cars and process. I know this one is in great condition because I've seen it in person and have test driven it.

Last edited:
Now that’s been settled can we get back to my original question and why I started this thread? Price thoughts on this car, would love to hear thoughts, thanks...

Here’s the summary:

Included in price: 4-Year Extended Service Agreement (too 100k miles or 2/1/2023, whichever comes first) - seller purchased through Tesla.
Model year 2004, but Feb. 2015 was the first inservice date (so battery warranty expires 2/1/2023).

Black on black and inside and outside is a 9.5/10 -- excellent overall cosmetic condition
51,000 miles

Price: $53,300 ...I think it's a great deal (I've done 2 months of research but I am relatively new to Tesla). Also it being private party I don't have to deal with Tesla's dicey CPO cars and process. I know this one is in great condition because I've seen it in person and have test driven it.
I would stay away from all 2004 Model S’s. They’re known to be problematic.

Here’s the summary:

Model year 2014, but Feb. 2015 was the first inservice date (so battery warranty expires 2/1/2023).

51,000 miles

I bought a near identical CPO car a couple of days ago. Black on black 2014 P85D w/ 50k miles for $51,300 (before taxes, etc). I specifically wanted a car with the rear facing seats (4 kids) and this seemed like a pretty good deal. It's fairly well equipped except without the Ludicrous mode. It also has the Performance plus suspension (PX01 code came up when I ran the VIN). I don't have the car yet... hopefully it's in decent condition, the only damage in the pictures was a hairline scratch on the hood near the light which I think my detail guy can get out. They are giving me brand new wheels because the listing stated 21 in wheels but the previous owner had 19s - good thing because they have a lot of curb rash.

Be careful because as far as I remember from my research, the extended warranty is non-transferable (link) and comes with a co-pay (I believe around $200 per visit). CPO cars come with whatever is left on the battery/drivetrain warranty plus 2 years 50k warranty for everything else without the co-pay (or 4y/100k if current warrant has not expired).

I bought a near identical CPO car a couple of days ago. Black on black 2014 P85D w/ 50k miles for $51,300 (before taxes, etc). I specifically wanted a car with the rear facing seats (4 kids) and this seemed like a pretty good deal. It's fairly well equipped except without the Ludicrous mode. It also has the Performance plus suspension (PX01 code came up when I ran the VIN). I don't have the car yet... hopefully it's in decent condition, the only damage in the pictures was a hairline scratch on the hood near the light which I think my detail guy can get out. They are giving me brand new wheels because the listing stated 21 in wheels but the previous owner had 19s - good thing because they have a lot of curb rash.

Be careful because as far as I remember from my research, the extended warranty is non-transferable (link) and comes with a co-pay (I believe around $200 per visit). CPO cars come with whatever is left on the battery/drivetrain warranty plus 2 years 50k warranty for everything else without the co-pay (or 4y/100k if current warrant has not expired).

Interesting and thanks for sharing. According to this document it looks like it can be transferred but maybe the transfer has to be approved by Tesla somehow? https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/service/vehicle_extended_service_agreement_en_us.pdf

and this thread say that it can be transferred too. ESA (Extended Service Agreement) - can the 2nd owner buy one?

Last edited:
Usually when the car is moved to your TESLA ACCOUNT page, the ESA info carries along with it. Have the seller take a screen shot of their TESLA ACCOUNT page to prove it is active on the car. If it doesn't automatically transfer over, you can call or email Tesla to fix it, or even possibly go to the service center and let them figure it out.

Does the seller have proof of purchase of the ESA, like a credit card record, invoice or receipt from Tesla?

• Informative
Reactions: commasign
Usually when the car is moved to your TESLA ACCOUNT page, the ESA info carries along with it. Have the seller take a screen shot of their TESLA ACCOUNT page to prove it is active on the car. If it doesn't automatically transfer over, you can call or email Tesla to fix it, or even possibly go to the service center and let them figure it out.

Does the seller have proof of purchase of the ESA, like a credit card record, invoice or receipt from Tesla?

All the seller sent me a screen shot of a credit card transaction for the amount of $4250... Tesla is on the title of the screenshot, with address and phone number of teslamoters. ...But, my paranoid wants to see the invoice or receipt from Tesla. Hank, I sent you the screen shot privately, thanks