Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is this infotainment status normal in service menu?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been having occasional connectivity issues, so have been into the Service settings to run connectivity tests. I spotted in that the Infotainment Bank B says 'failing' and there is no install 'size' in the Infotainment Software page shown in the image below. Does anyone know if this is normal? Thanks!
IMG20231217123948.jpg

If I had to guess each of those systems has redundant storage, and in that case of the Infotainment one it has failed - meaning there is no redundancy.

As to whether or not that’s a transient thing or not, or a bug, it’s hard to say. I’d assume it would throw an alert (hidden in service menu or visible on main UI) if it was a problem?

Reactions: chwe
Upvote 0
If I had to guess each of those systems has redundant storage, and in that case of the Infotainment one it has failed - meaning there is no redundancy.

As to whether or not that’s a transient thing or not, or a bug, it’s hard to say. I’d assume it would throw an alert (hidden in service menu or visible on main UI) if it was a problem?
That was what I was concerned about... However, if a couple of other people were able to check if they have the same on theirs then it would suggest it's meant to be like that... Anyone else able to check?

Upvote 0
The connectivity is an ongoing issue in the UK. My FIL and I are both experiencing it on our Model Ys and have filed support cases and had similar replies. FWIW, I don't think they're fobbing me off. It feels like something network/provisioning related vs a hardware defect with the car.

View attachment 1000431
When I looked in my service menu earlier the eSim bit was greyed out. I ran a test on it from the menu and then it went green. Not driven it since though.

Upvote 0
The connectivity is an ongoing issue in the UK. My FIL and I are both experiencing it on our Model Ys and have filed support cases and had similar replies. FWIW, I don't think they're fobbing me off. It feels like something network/provisioning related vs a hardware defect with the car.

View attachment 1000431
Thanks for this. Had a lot of connectivity issues in the past month or so. Didn't get around to open up a service request. Glad(?) to know that this is now appears to be a widespread issue and not something wrong with my car only...

Upvote 0