Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ISA said paperwork was urgent, but haven't heard from him in over a day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm hoping that somebody has some advice for a bit of a stressful situation. My ISA reached out for the first time last Friday to confirm delivery details and said that we need to get the paperwork done in the next week if I didn't want to delay the delivery until later in the year.

I let him know that my account was marked for a cash purchase, but I was actually planning to finance it, and he said again that it wouldn't cause any delays as long as we can get the paperwork done by Friday.

On monday at noon, he sent me an e-mail saying he would be sending over some documents for us to sign shortly, but I never received the e-mail. It's been over a day since then and I've heard nothing back from him, even with multiple calls and e-mails asking for the documents.

I'm a little frustrated that he put so much pressure on our timeline, and now hasn't given me any updates or next steps in a day and a half. Does anyone have any advice with how I can make progress to be sure I'm able to take delivery without delay?

Thanks!

Have u tried contacting the 800 number ? The delivery center ? ISAs like the DS are extremely overworked and I would recommend contacting others as well ...with the 800 number u always can speak to someone (after long wait :()​

Have u tried contacting the 800 number ? The delivery center ? ISAs like the DS are extremely overworked and I would recommend contacting others as well ...with the 800 number u always can speak to someone (after long wait :()​

I was actually able to get a hold of a different ISA, and he wasn't able to help me, but said he would reach out to mine and ask him to contact me. Do you think reaching out to the 800 number would be more effective?

Sounds good. Do you know what the hours are for the 800 line?

I’ve gone through the process once and have found that once you get assigned an ISA, they are the one who you get directed to if calling the 800 number. So it likely won’t get you any resolution faster but will just add to the backlog of 800 number calls and the associated long hold time for those who call in need of service.

The ISA is still linked to your car after delivery. I had in issue with my title and called the 800 number, they told me that they would leave a message for my ISA to call me. They did and helped locat my title.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
...above is exactly the point of the 800 call ;)...whatever the agent does it seems to make the ISA call back quicker ...not the way it should be ..but the OP needs his car :eek:

Not in my case. They emailed the ISA the same as I did. The ISA was out of the office for a day and contacted me when they returned. I later got another call from them about the same problem. When I told them that they had already taken care of it, they mentioned that they got an email saying I called the 800 number. So the message from my 800 number call wasn’t even seen by the ISA until AFTER they had responded to my email. I asked the ISA about if I should have called the 800 number and she told me that once an ISA has been assigned we should work with them directly and calling the 800 number just complicates things since the problem is just going to get referred back to the ISA anyway. So, if the OP’s ISA is out of the office, an 800 number call may not get any resolution any faster.

So while it may not resolve the OP’s issue, it WILL increase hold time for others...

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I'm also awaiting a Texas delivery. I heard last Friday that my purchase agreement would be available on my account page within 24 hours, and that the ACH portal would also be opened up for payment. That still hasn't happened. However, I did get a couple of email back and forth from the IDA and it sounds like the main problem right now is the contracts department. My guy has about 23 people just waiting on contracts.... can't pay for the car or move forward until that is done, but it is out of his hands. I recommend another email and just let them know that you understand things are backed up, but would just like an update on the backlog every so often, and to know you haven't been forgotten.

My ISA called me yesterday(Tuesday) to schedule the delivery date (after I had sent him the loan pre-approval), in that same call he also said the process is now in contracts and I should expect the final MVPA by Thursday evening (I expect ACH portal at that time). Delivery scheduled for Monday the 23rd.