Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Issue or I am Over reacting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, so I just notices this within the last couple of days, if you look at the picture on the driver side looks like the chrome is coming apart. Ont he passenger side, look ok but it doesn't look normal to me.

Can someone post some sample of their x rear windows, so I can compare? SC say it's normal, I think it's not right, it should be flush with the trim.

I am too picky? it's normal?

IMG_3705.JPG
IMG_3706.JPG

I live in an area that has a ton of Teslas. When the Model Xs first starting appearing in numbers locally I noticed that the trim in that area never seemed to fit right on all the Xs I saw. To this day I notice it when I see Xs. So it probably is normal, but it's far from acceptable.

• Disagree
Reactions: Maximilien
It's so funny how we all paid good money for this car, and stuff like this shouldn't be allow to pass quaility control but now it's " tesla normal"

The weird part is that it has gotten worst within the last couple of days! The driver side used to look like the passenger side.

The SC said it normal but I'm welcome to bring minein and have them look it over and compare to all the other x"s on the lot. The only problem is that they are 135 miles away. I don't think I'm going take a road trip down just for them to say " nope nothing is wrong "

It's so funny how we all paid good money for this car, and stuff like this shouldn't be allow to pass quaility control but now it's " tesla normal"

The weird part is that it has gotten worst within the last couple of days! The driver side used to look like the passenger side.

The SC said it normal but I'm welcome to bring minein and have them look it over and compare to all the other x"s on the lot. The only problem is that they are 135 miles away. I don't think I'm going take a road trip down just for them to say " nope nothing is wrong "
Till you posted, I never noticed but it is like that on my X too. Should it be like this? Is this normal? I don't know. Typically, SCs will tell you it's normal if they see it like that in majority vehicles and they don't have a service bulletin. Sometimes they will check with the factory for you.

However, frankly the difference in the trim doesn't bother me. My X is still a beautiful vehicle to drive and if the trim on the left side is out couple of millimeters as compared to the right side, who cares :eek:

I had my driver side brightwork replaced (which was way worse than yours) and still doesn't look much better than what you have already. I think it's just poor design in that area. If you do have it replaced, I wouldn't expect much difference. My vin is around 5000.

Thank you everyone for the responded. It looks to me like this is a Tesla ownership baggage. SC told us to keep an eye on it, if we start to hear wind noise or if it gets worst!

I've decided to overlook the issue just a bit, and play it by ear! Thank you everyone who gave me there two cents and pictures!