TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Issue or I am Over reacting?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Khanhvngo, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Khanhvngo

Khanhvngo Member

Hi everyone, so I just notices this within the last couple of days, if you look at the picture on the driver side looks like the chrome is coming apart. Ont he passenger side, look ok but it doesn't look normal to me.

Can someone post some sample of their x rear windows, so I can compare? SC say it's normal, I think it's not right, it should be flush with the trim.

I am too picky? it's normal?

IMG_3705.JPG IMG_3706.JPG

2. RRM998

RRM998 Member

It looks pretty normal to me. Not ideal, but normal. If you look, you can usually find a number of exterior parts that won't be flush in one way or another. My advice: Don't look too hard.

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Yinn

Yinn Member

Gotta love fit and finish. I don't think a day goes by where I wonder if I closed something properly. There's always something a couple mm off.

Yes it's an issue. No you're not overreacting. Yes it's normal.

• Like x 1
  4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Passenger side looks great. That's better than typical.

5. outie

outie Active Member

Both of mine looks like your driver side. Should I be more happy about the "even look"?

6. Eclectic

Eclectic Member

I live in an area that has a ton of Teslas. When the Model Xs first starting appearing in numbers locally I noticed that the trim in that area never seemed to fit right on all the Xs I saw. To this day I notice it when I see Xs. So it probably is normal, but it's far from acceptable.

• Disagree x 1
  7. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I would show them both sides and ask them to fix the drivers side to match the passengers. Even if they say it's normal it will still get logged hopefully and be addressed in quality control.

8. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Its Tesla normal

9. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

I wish mine looked as good as yours...

• Funny x 1
  10. Khanhvngo

Khanhvngo Member

It's so funny how we all paid good money for this car, and stuff like this shouldn't be allow to pass quaility control but now it's " tesla normal"

The weird part is that it has gotten worst within the last couple of days! The driver side used to look like the passenger side.

The SC said it normal but I'm welcome to bring minein and have them look it over and compare to all the other x"s on the lot. The only problem is that they are 135 miles away. I don't think I'm going take a road trip down just for them to say " nope nothing is wrong "

11. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Till you posted, I never noticed but it is like that on my X too. Should it be like this? Is this normal? I don't know. Typically, SCs will tell you it's normal if they see it like that in majority vehicles and they don't have a service bulletin. Sometimes they will check with the factory for you.

However, frankly the difference in the trim doesn't bother me. My X is still a beautiful vehicle to drive and if the trim on the left side is out couple of millimeters as compared to the right side, who cares :eek:

12. xcell

xcell MX Driver

Don´t expect too much perfection with the body and interior...

13. Heater71

Heater71 Member

I had my driver side brightwork replaced (which was way worse than yours) and still doesn't look much better than what you have already. I think it's just poor design in that area. If you do have it replaced, I wouldn't expect much difference. My vin is around 5000.

14. Khanhvngo

Khanhvngo Member

Thank you everyone for the responded. It looks to me like this is a Tesla ownership baggage. SC told us to keep an eye on it, if we start to hear wind noise or if it gets worst!

I've decided to overlook the issue just a bit, and play it by ear! Thank you everyone who gave me there two cents and pictures!

15. bushburner

bushburner Member

mines came exactly like this from the factory. passenger side flushed, driver side not flushed. passenger side door handles misaligned, driver side straight. LOL

16. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

My passenger side looked like your driver side. They fixed it for me. If it bugs you ask them to make it match the other side.