Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s been 1051 days since I paid in full for FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think option #2 is realistic. There is about a $30k difference in value between your current S90D and a new long range Model S with FSD. So you are basically asking Tesla to just give you $30k. That's way more than the value of the FSD that Tesla owes you. Why would Tesla just give you $30k for FSD which is only worth $7k?
Maybe not $30k but at least the cost of AP and FSD combined. $8k+. This is based on the fact that I bought EAP because it was REQUIRED to get FSD. An easy argument can be had to that. I'd be happy with $8k but that's just me. Everyone can assign their own value to FSD.

I think FSD refunds will start going out to AP2/MCU1 owners sometime later this year...Once they start to actually release FSD features...

Maybe not $30k but at least the cost of AP and FSD combined. $8k+. This is based on the fact that I bought EAP because it was REQUIRED to get FSD. An easy argument can be had to that. I'd be happy with $8k but that's just me. Everyone can assign their own value to FSD.

Sure, I am fine with that. I just balk at the idea that Tesla should give AP2 owners a brand new $90k car for free just because the FSD features were not possible.

I think FSD refunds will start going out to AP2/MCU1 owners sometime later this year...Once they start to actually release FSD features...

Only if AP2 upgrades are not possible. If Tesla does start doing AP2 upgrades then it's a moot point.

Reactions: VQTRVA
Sure, I am fine with that. I just balk at the idea that Tesla should give AP2 owners a brand new $90k car for free just because the FSD features were not possible.

Only if AP2 upgrades are not possible. If Tesla does start doing AP2 upgrades then it's a moot point.

Green recently posted that he sees evidence to support the likely rollout of HW2 to HW3 retrofit happening, something he has been skeptical about as well.

Surprisingly Tesla had no problem 'balking' $90k from me with claims of FSD hardware :rolleyes: How convenient!

Tesla has not yet delivered the FSD part. But Tesla did give you a great car for your $90k.
It's very clear to me since AP2 fiasco that FSD will never come to these cars. In fact I am totally convinced that none of these current models (upto MY) will achieve true FSD (not Tesla's manipulated FSD definition ;)) but that's for another discussion. At least M3 and later MS/MX have gotten FSD hardware upgrade for whatever it's worth it. Us AP2 suckers do not even have that and Tesla has not shown any evidence that AP2 will get it other than Musk tweets which him and Tesla uses to their convenience.
Whether Tesla gave me a great car is questionable and I do not think it is a great car. I just got out of warranty and I have had more repairs (paint bubbling on day of delivery, yellow screen twice, DRL burnout twice, replaced steering wheel assembly, replaced front lower control arm) compared to my previous cars (Nissan, Toyota). Even if I ignore these repairs this is not the same car that I bought (supercharging is neutered making it useless for road trips, web browser is dead, no more multiple apps, emmc is a ticking time bomb etc.)