Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It’s not an M3 people...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Surely, I can’t be the only one who finds it a little grating to see the commonplace abbreviation “M3” used for the Tesla Model 3?

Even in this forum, where it’s almost certain we know we’re talking about a Model 3 and not BMW’s much slower premium level ASBO saloon, it’s still not quite right.

So, can we please abbreviate to something that’s not the extraordinarily well known highly trademarked name of a successful performance saloon launched when Elon was still in high school? How about “TM3”? The addition of an extra T is hardly going to wear the keyboard out after all.

Just a thought...

People will choose to use the language that makes them happy, logical or not. It's doubtful that you'll be able to persuade a significant number of people on this forum by posting a request, and doubtful that persuading this entire forum will change what you'll see in other communications like social media. We do see MS and MX and now MY here, so there's precedent. Folks also use SC in ambiguous mode even within the Tesla world, for both service centers and superchargers.

I am, without any doubt a total fanboy BMW owner and driver. I’ve owned several bimmers, including my current e39 M5 which is now my “winter beater” and “station car” when I don’t want to drive my Model S.

I owned an E39 Champagne II. IMO, the best interior I've ever had (if a bit marmite). I still love the E39 shape, I think it's possibly the best looking saloon ever made. An E39 M5 is still right up there in my view.