Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's A Wall Connector!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The charger is an on-board charger. {Sarcasm font ON} The $500 thing you hang on your wall is simply the connector. Y'all are driving my OCD nuts!! Sorry if I sound cranky, but it's 2020! My wife of 55 years died 5 months ago. My brother of 74 years died 2 weeks ago. I tripped and fell on the carport a few day ago and landed on my right eyebrow!! Had a serious black eye for a while. It's now just an angry dark red area. And yes, before you ask, I tripped on something I left on the floor. I'm on the edge. Please try to get things correct for the next 2 months! I trust 2021 will be better!!! {Sarcarsm font OFF}

Even though sarcasm font was on, those are real events in my 2020 horror show.

... no.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
And there it is. You spent a bunch of money; go ahead and waste some more! As several people here will be happy to point out, the way they got a lot of money is by not wasting it.

You also get something. The point isn’t I’m pissing money away for fun. It’s that I spent a little more to get a better charger because I spend 76k and what’s another 300 in the grand scheme of things.

Things are a little different when you're 74 years old. My kids (both in their 50's) do not need my money. So, if there's something that I really want, I buy it. I worked and saved my entire life so I would be able to do this. I will not try to justify it so as to meet someone else's idea's on how to spend my money nor live my life. No F***s Given.

Thank you GeezerSquid...

If there is money left when my Wife and I die then great. Ideally, I will die the day that my last America Cent is spent. In May, I am taking all of my kids and grandkids to the Turks and Caicos for 2 weeks my treat. My old British Cars, my Model Y and my guns are what I enjoy. If I had no kids or grandkids I would own a Catamaran and be sailing the world.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GeezerSquid
Meh. All nitpicking about product naming aside, the "Tesla Wall Connector" and the "Tesla Mobile Connector" are electronically mostly identical, doing exactly the same job in the same way. The difference comes down to how the voltage and current cap gets detected for communication to the car (the wall unit has a computer with wifi to configure it, the mobile cord uses a resistor or whatnot in the plug adapter).

They are, for sure, both "chargers" in the colloquial sense of a device used to charge a battery.

C365A810-DD77-4F88-8B32-6BC290639F6C.jpeg

That’s very rude and uncalled for. OCD is a serious issue and to sit here make fun of it shows that your either a clown or seek attention in the wrong way.

1) You don't seem to grasp the fact that this entire thread is a joke.
2) How in the world can you demean clowns by using their name as a pejorative!! Shame on you!!

FYI, this post too is a joke.