Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"It's an excellent design"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are they really that much quieter? I never really thought about that...
I imagine it depends, and even in model pairs all else is not equal. For my use of mostly highway cruising, tyre choice makes the biggest difference.

Of my two hatchbacks, the Prius (v)agon is very quiet, while the Honda Fit is not. I honestly think the sedan design is brain-dead and unpleasant in an obese with big butt kind of way, but my desire to get into an EV and take advantage of tax credits is pushing me towards the Model3 rather than wait for the 'Y.' It helps that the Tesla design has some hatch-iness to it in look and hopefully in functionality or I would have to wait for the next generation.

Last edited:
Reactions: aronth5
The feedback over the design of the back really needs to wait to see what changes are made to make the trunk opening larger.
Elon tweeted: "won't be a hatchback, but we should be able to increase the opening width and height"

I took that to mean that they would be making adjustments to the interior area around the seals to allow for a larger opening, not that there would be any noticeable change to the exterior. Basically reducing the dead space around the opening, an area that you only see when the trunk is open.

Reactions: Red Sage
I'm not exactly going for "murdered out" but I really hate chrome. I think chrome is often used to disguise lazy design elements.
While this is indeed very true, I love the way that chrome is presented on the Tesla Model S. I believe that the chrome appears on that car exactly where it needs to be, and nowhere else. The latest facelift makes that point even more true, as the chrome is only used as a means to accentuate the design of the car as a whole.