Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've got VIN! Who else?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Lyon

2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D
Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2011
Eugene, Oregon
On a whim I checked my.telsamotors.com tonight and discovered that we've been assigned a VIN!

It ends in 00415 and we were originally sequence number 1192.

Bonnie's got to be getting her car soon. :big grin:

Do you have a VIN? What is it?

Sig #351 we got our VIN yesterday as well. Infuriatingly we are VIN 66X. DS claims this might be because we are on the "first shipment" to New York. Where are you guys taking delivery? The last 3.5 years of waiting have been fairly easy, it's this end bit that's driving me nuts!

My wife would probably agree that my love for Tesla is something like a disease.

My wife calls it an obsession, and has been asking me for the past 3.5 years: "why are you wasting so much time on that TMC website?"

Congrats to all the Sigs with VINs!! This is getting really exciting as your delivery dates approach...

We actually live in Fremont and my wife found an excuse not to go to the Reveal at the last minute, which much be some sort of TMC blasphemy. She claimed she doesn't like being in a large crowd. It was OK, thou, because after I showed her some of my reveal videos the next day, she nonchalantly asked what the EPA for X P90D is compared to X 90D? When I told her 90D is 257, while P90D is 250, she said since it's not much different we should just get the P90D. With a straight face, I told her "OK, dear, that makes sense", while the voice in my head was screaming "Yes!!" :biggrin:

My wife calls it an obsession, and has been asking me for the past 3.5 years: "why are you wasting so much time on that TMC website?"

Congrats to all the Sigs with VINs!! This is getting really exciting as your delivery dates approach...

We actually live in Fremont and my wife found an excuse not to go to the Reveal at the last minute, which much be some sort of TMC blasphemy. She claimed she doesn't like being in a large crowd. It was OK, thou, because after I showed her some of my reveal videos the next day, she nonchalantly asked what the EPA for X P90D is compared to X 90D? When I told her 90D is 257, while P90D is 250, she said since it's not much different we should just get the P90D. With a straight face, I told her "OK, dear, that makes sense", while the voice in my head was screaming "Yes!!" :biggrin:
Glad to hear I'm not the only one being asked that question. I mean the "why are you wasting so much time on that website?" question not the "why don't we just get the P since it's not that much different?" question. Yet. ;-)

my prediction: they are scrambling to deliver a few sigs before the nov 3rd earnings call. this is because the #1 question IMO that someone is going to ask is "where is the model X" because now the media has picked up that the founder's deliveries was just a show for the media and that they all went to "very specific individuals", aka those very close to tesla management and they know the truth now that the Model X wasnt ready yet. if they dont make any more deliveries before nov 3rd the stock price is going to take another major hit. in reality, IMO the first sigs even if delievered before nov 3rd will still be "beta" cars that arent truly production ready yet. (well, all sigs really, that's the "six tax" you pay for early adopter).

Sig #351 we got our VIN yesterday as well. Infuriatingly we are VIN 66X. DS claims this might be because we are on the "first shipment" to New York. Where are you guys taking delivery? The last 3.5 years of waiting have been fairly easy, it's this end bit that's driving me nuts!

I'm in the same boat: Sig #325, VIN 683. Colorado delivery.

Did you have the same superfluous Confirm button appear on your My Tesla page that I did, the day before my VIN appeared?

I was Sig #911 and got VIN #502. While I'm excited it does feel weird that I may have skipped ahead of people although in the same token I have been "Skipped" also by people behind me. Selfishly it doesn't feel strange enough that I won't be happily taking delivery, more like a pleasant surprise. Though I'm sure part if it from what I understand is there are about 15 Sigs here in Florida and I imagine they are being grouped in large part together. For Stevezzzz I believe the confirm button is for you to electronically accept the Sales Agreement.

I love receiving this information from everyone, it's good to get an idea of where everyone stand to know you aren't alone! Incidentally I was told I should expect delivery any where from mid-December to early January, obviously hoping for the latter.

Best,

Tony

Just got mine this AM, was sig 1336 now vin 803. I am guessing it has a lot to do with finalizing the financials as anything else.

Wow ..so based on the highest known Signature X reservation holder #1436, we should be nearing the end of VIN assignments for ALL sig res holders - that is if they are being assigned sequentially. Wonder how many total Sig X's will be built prior to regular production start.