Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I've had my Model S for a month now. When does simply looking at it get old?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my dream car and I'm still a bit in disbelief that I actually have it. Every time I leave the building at work or walk down the steps from my apartment and see my car, I'm just amazed at how awesome this car looks.
8 months since I've had mine, and I still do the same thing. It definitely hasn't gotten old and I don't think it ever will, unless the S is redesigned and looks better than the current model. :)

This is my dream car and I'm still a bit in disbelief that I actually have it. Every time I leave the building at work or walk down the steps from my apartment and see my car, I'm just amazed at how awesome this car looks.
I've had mine for five years and it never gets old. Absolutely every time I drive it, I am in awe of just how great it is. The Tesla smile never goes away.

I've had this one for 5 years and yes every time I drive it, it makes me smile.
2015 S.jpg

I'm in the other camp. I had this exact feeling for about 2 months but then I started noticing more and more the build quality and design choices which sadly irritate me more than the enjoyment of the car overall.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid and AMPd
I would say it never gets old until you have to get the email telling you to authorize the out of warranty part failure. I am right at about 100k on my S. ESA never would have made sense for me. Yet I am right at the cost of ESA. Yet when you add the deductible per visit that would have tacked on another $600 out of pocket.

If you look at my history. I was once told I was in the honeymoon phase of ownership. Still kind of there. Even at my miles driven. Yet you take some bumps and bruises to drive a pretty sweet car.

When looking at it get old just do some customizing cuz if you have a Performance model it never gets old. I even just have my P85D and had my other P90DL that was significantly faster but they both never got old. My issue is that I need a Raven S ASAP cuz of seeing cheetah mode!!!!
I’m impressed that they were able to do this with the same cells. I cannot imagine what the Plaid will be capable of now. I hope they do what they did with the 3 and keep making it faster and faster rather than in the past it was usually the opposite. If you were doing to many launches they would decrease performance. I don’t think I’ve heard of any negative updates to the 3 like the S constantly had. The 2170 cells are unreal and what this Raven just did is nothing short of remarkable.

If I was buying now, I'd probably get a performance Model Y, but my 2015 S85D still makes me smile when
I see it out in the lot... the lines of the car are really sweet to my eye.
I was thinking the same thing. I love the look of the Y and even told my hubby last week next year when our son gets his license we’re getting a Y for me and he can have our hybrid ICE. Then I came out of Costco Friday and there was a white Y parked one stall away. Yes it was cute. But the S is sexy. So maybe another S in our future.