Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I’d like to buy a vowel.., Here glitchy glitchy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

EVSteve

110% Solar Powered
Jul 14, 2014
Davenport, FL
9C58BC4E-0A8D-4576-8246-E709E85B12F2.jpeg
Well this is... new. What on earth causes this kind of nonsense?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
I live when people ‘disagree’ with post regarding a glitch. What’s there to disagree about? The glitch is there. My post has no content to be interpreted. Honestly what’s happening to this forum?
I only found this because I wondered why some random person disagreed with my posts that had nothing to do with anything. I see that I disagreed with your post, it must have been a misclick on my phone or something. For the record I’ve had this same glitch. I’m sorry an accidental click offfended you so.

Honestly what’s happening to this forum?
Nothing, people are just being people with all the strings attached...

The observed symptom is a typical memory corruption. Depending on the architecture and exact location of corruption it can be transient and/or cause soft or hard freeze. What you do not want to see is this thing reappearing after hard reset, it would mean HW is not up to expectations.

How old is the car/MCU? Hope it ain't some caps getting old ...

Reactions: EVSteve
Nothing, people are just being people with all the strings attached...

The observed symptom is a typical memory corruption. Depending on the architecture and exact location of corruption it can be transient and/or cause soft or hard freeze. What you do not want to see is this thing reappearing after hard reset, it would mean HW is not up to expectations.

How old is the car/MCU? Hope it ain't some caps getting old ...

Car is a Sept 2017 build. I would not be surprised if the car’s hardware were to blame. I have the yellow ring of impending doom. A hard reset immediately after the photo was taken fixed the missing text. Still one more example of why I’d like to return to pre V9.

If it is indeed a HW deteriorating, older FW will be of little help.
You fix a HW problem by replacing the HW.

Let’s hope the current MCU can hold out until the current stock of MCU1 are depleted. I know I know odds of that ever happening are slim but a man can dream of a MCU2 can’t he?

Looks like from another post this is software related as a lot of MCU1 cars are experiencing text glitches similar or identical to mine. Time will tell.

Let’s hope the current MCU can hold out until the current stock of MCU1 are depleted. I know I know odds of that ever happening are slim but a man can dream of a MCU2 can’t he?

Looks like from another post this is software related as a lot of MCU1 cars are experiencing text glitches similar or identical to mine. Time will tell.
I think yours is the first I’ve seen this glitch not on the charging screen. Mine was on the charging screen and so far hasn’t returned after a reboot (although the first reboot didn’t correct it.) Also I think you are right, this is most likely software related. It seems to have cropped up since V9. I haven’t noticed, is this isolated to V1 MCUs only?

I'm pretty sure this is about software and not hardware, specifically something related to V9 because this started shortly after that. July 2017 Model S here, and random letters are missing from random screens at random times. Doesn't look like rebooting helps much, but even with soft reset letters do appear until they disappear again (been resetting a lot lately to get Spotify working).

Reactions: .jg.