Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pads from Abstract Ocean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regarding jack pads (lift pads) for Tesla vehicles; the Tesla Owner's Manual makes no mention of needing lift pads when changing a tire or using a lift.

If you are just changing a flat tire or rotating tires on a Tesla Model Y, if you choose to use a lift pad, you only need (1) lift pad. (Tesla recommends rotating tires front to back, not crossed over. You can lift both the front and rear wheels on the same side of the Tesla Model Y off the ground using a floor jack placed at the front lift point.)

If you see the benefit of using a lift pad and want to have just (1) high quality lift pad then I recommend the Reverse Logic low profile lift pad.

If you want a set of (4) lift pads there are many choices available on Amazon. (Read the reviews carefully as some of the cheaper lift pads are known to give off an unpleasant odor for a period of time when new. Other lift pads have been reported as not fitting correctly and falling off the vehicle.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wreckz and cbo111
I got these for my 2018 MX from ebay and they work great. No relation to the vendor, just a happy user.
All of the tire places and the Dublin service center know how to use them.

If you want a set of (4) lift pads there are many choices available on Amazon. (Read the reviews carefully as some of the cheaper lift pads are known to give off an unpleasant odor for a period of time when new. Other lift pads have been reported as not fitting correctly and falling off the vehicle.)
I can confirm that the cheap chinese-made ones that you see on Amazon stink to high heaven. They use all kinds of nutty recycled plastics and rubber in Chinese "rubber" products. They smell AWFUL.

Same thing for the "Tesmanian" floor mats. I had to take them out of my car after half a day because I was going to pass out from the smell. They tried to claim it's from some "cleaning process" but it's apparently well known that Chinese rubber products all suffer from the same issue. I've had them out in the driveway for a week and they still stink. Will probably return them.

May keep the pucks, but put them in a sealed plastic bag inside the case they came in.
I hear old hockey pucks work great.
You definitely don’t need to spend $100 on these things. Kinda defeats the point of doing the work your self to spend so much.

Well, to be clear, hockey pucks don't have the little shaft that plugs into the holes at the Tesla jack points. So there's a possibility of slippage. These are not the same thing. Be careful what you post.

I can confirm that the cheap chinese-made ones that you see on Amazon stink to high heaven. They use all kinds of nutty recycled plastics and rubber in Chinese "rubber" products. They smell AWFUL.

Same thing for the "Tesmanian" floor mats. I had to take them out of my car after half a day because I was going to pass out from the smell. They tried to claim it's from some "cleaning process" but it's apparently well known that Chinese rubber products all suffer from the same issue. I've had them out in the driveway for a week and they still stink. Will probably return them.

May keep the pucks, but put them in a sealed plastic bag inside the case they came in.

Well, to be clear, hockey pucks don't have the little shaft that plugs into the holes at the Tesla jack points. So there's a possibility of slippage. These are not the same thing. Be careful what you post.
There is a Youtube that shows how to make your own lift pads using hockey pucks, grommets and machine screws. The cost of these components is the same or more that just buying a set of lift pads on Amazon.

I'm surprised you are having an odor issue with the Tesmanian floor liners. I have had the Tesmanian floor liners in my Model Y for almost a year. I also purchased the hatch floor liner and it too has been odor free.

I like this Camco jack pad’s one-piece nesting design. People can place it in an RV parking area where the travel trailer’s leveling jack does not reach the ground. It bridges the gap between the jack foot and the ground surface. There is no need to stack several RV stabilizer jack blocks because one is enough to raise the vehicle to a height equivalent to five stacked jack pads.