Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jack pads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As far as I know, Tesla does not sell jack pads (pucks). I bought a set of billet aluminum jack pads for $29 back in June 2019. Search eBay using those terms and you should find some which should do the job. Are they the best? Can't say for sure but they do fit in the holes on the underside of the car and they don't fall out on their own.

Reactions: Andy7
Upvote 0
From an idea found on the internet, I made my own from hockey pucks, 1 inch rubber foot pegs and screws. I used the one pictured when switching my summer to winter wheels and it worked fine.

puck_jack-pad.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
Upvote 0
I bought aluminum ones two years ago from Peter Skrna of CZ Industries (czind.com) for $36. They work fine and look nice (but who sees them) and come in thin plastic holder that keeps them in one place. They have never fallen our or gotten stuck; I don't want grease on mine since they are in my trunk and I am sure Iwould get grease on me, too.

Upvote 0
I bought these silicone rubber jack pads off AliExpress. They more evenly distribute the load across the jacking surface of the car than other jack pads. I had to modify mine by cutting off the tip just above the second rib with a box cutter where they insert into the car's jack point hole, as they were slightly too long to be fully inserted. No signs of wear after using them twice. Also, less weight than others when carried permanently in the car for just-in-case needed. I paid about $7 USD each with shipping from China to US, so this photo may not reflect best price.
jackPad.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tesla doesn't sell or make them because you don't really need them. They can be useful, but definitely not mandatory.
Many threads on this. Sure you don't "need" them if you know what you are doing jacking up the car, but unfortunately people working on the car many times don't, or they make a mistake. Even ones that do can scuff up the lift points if lifting without pads, depending on what type of lift used. The pads just give a larger margin of error and make it easier to identify the points.

Upvote 0
Many threads on this. Sure you don't "need" them if you know what you are doing jacking up the car, but unfortunately people working on the car many times don't, or they make a mistake. Even ones that do can scuff up the lift points if lifting without pads, depending on what type of lift used. The pads just give a larger margin of error and make it easier to identify the points.

True they can definitely be handy, i just wanted to ensure people realize you don't need them as i've heard/seen people freak out if the car gets lifted without them. Also with a lowered car you often can't use them since they physically won't fit with the jack (even low profile ones).

Reactions: SK360
Upvote 0
True they can definitely be handy, i just wanted to ensure people realize you don't need them as i've heard/seen people freak out if the car gets lifted without them. Also with a lowered car you often can't use them since they physically won't fit with the jack (even low profile ones).
This. My car is currently 4” from the jack point to the floor, my jack can’t get under it with the 1” thick pads (like above, hockey puck looking thing with a nipple). Currently driving up on some RV leveling blocks to get the jack and pad under.

Upvote 0