Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Jan 2023 ODs] MYLR / Blue / White - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those on fence due to tax credits:

Article from Electrek.co:

Tesla expects to lose full $7,500 tax credit on its cheapest electric car

"The Model 3 Standard Range is built in Fremont, California, in the US, but its battery pack is using LFP battery cells built in China.

The communication to employees appears to have been done to prepare buyers of those vehicles, as the access to the full credit could change if delivery is done on April 1 rather than March 31 – pending official guidance.

As for Tesla’s other Model Y and Model 3 vehicles in the US, they are expected to retain access to the full tax credit as they are using battery cells built by Tesla or Panasonic in Nevada, California, or Texas.

The battery material sourcing might be more of an issue, but Tesla appears confident that it won’t be the case as a large percentage of its battery materials are sourced from countries with free trade agreements like Australia and Canada."

This article states that the MY and M3 (other than standard range) can retain full credit.

Reactions: imgcs and TM_X
for those on fence due to tax credits:

Article from Electrek.co:

Tesla expects to lose full $7,500 tax credit on its cheapest electric car

"The Model 3 Standard Range is built in Fremont, California, in the US, but its battery pack is using LFP battery cells built in China.

The communication to employees appears to have been done to prepare buyers of those vehicles, as the access to the full credit could change if delivery is done on April 1 rather than March 31 – pending official guidance.

As for Tesla’s other Model Y and Model 3 vehicles in the US, they are expected to retain access to the full tax credit as they are using battery cells built by Tesla or Panasonic in Nevada, California, or Texas.

The battery material sourcing might be more of an issue, but Tesla appears confident that it won’t be the case as a large percentage of its battery materials are sourced from countries with free trade agreements like Australia and Canada."

This article states that the MY and M3 (other than standard range) can retain full credit.
Great. We don't need to worry about taking Model Y deliveries by end of March. Thanks!

Great news, guys! I'm scheduled to take delivery on March 29th! They called me, but I missed the call, so I called back and talked to someone who wasn't sure why they called. They said they would text me once they found out why they called. I got a text a little while later giving me options for delivery (29th or 30th).

I asked about the mudflaps and rear PPF. They said they will install them if they have them in stock, otherwise I'll have to make a service appointment to get them installed.

Overall, my experience with customer support has been great so far.

Here is my complete journey:
Date
Event
1/17Order placed online, EDD of Jan-Mar. Blue/White, no other options
1/19EDD updated to Feb 23-Mar 30
2/5EDD updated to Feb 16-Mar 16
2/14EDD updated to Mar 14-31
2/22EDD updated to Mar 3-31
2/26Got text saying VIN should be assigned in 1-2 weeks
2/27EDD updated to Mar 8-22
3/9EDD updated to Mar 18-31
3/18Got VIN (Fremont, 71xxxx) and EDD updated to Mar 31-Apr 7
3/23Delivery scheduled for Mar 29

Great news, guys! I'm scheduled to take delivery on March 29th! They called me, but I missed the call, so I called back and talked to someone who wasn't sure why they called. They said they would text me once they found out why they called. I got a text a little while later giving me options for delivery (29th or 30th).

I asked about the mudflaps and rear PPF. They said they will install them if they have them in stock, otherwise I'll have to make a service appointment to get them installed.

Overall, my experience with customer support has been great so far.

Here is my complete journey:
Date
Event
1/17Order placed online, EDD of Jan-Mar. Blue/White, no other options
1/19EDD updated to Feb 23-Mar 30
2/5EDD updated to Feb 16-Mar 16
2/14EDD updated to Mar 14-31
2/22EDD updated to Mar 3-31
2/26Got text saying VIN should be assigned in 1-2 weeks
2/27EDD updated to Mar 8-22
3/9EDD updated to Mar 18-31
3/18Got VIN (Fremont, 71xxxx) and EDD updated to Mar 31-Apr 7
3/23Delivery scheduled for Mar 29
Congrats.

Reactions: orng
I took delivery on Monday, 5 days after receiving my VIN, so there still is hope. Not everyone is getting the your VIN will be assigned within the next 2 weeks message. It is very random.
That is quick. I didn’t get advance notice for VIN. I got a VIN on 3/17 - no text, just app was updated but still with EDD as 4/7 to 4/12. When I texted the 510 number, got a reply that they plan to deliver it by 3/31. And 1 day later EDD changed to 3/24 to 3/21, and has stayed the same until now. My OD is 1/18.